The QUICK question thread.....

cammas

Seamstress
Crankbrothers Mallet Lace.

The best shoes I have ever owned.

Comfortable, light, easy to walk in, cleat plate has a race zone area so it can be moved really far back.

Mine are about 2 years old now and still great condition but starting to look at another pair the same, just need to work out what colour.

In the freeride style of shoes, I have had Shimano, Leatt, 2FO, five tens, ION etc.. the crankbrothers are in a different league.

View attachment 392740
Nearly ended up down the escalator this afternoon as I was running late for the train and trying to run on a wet platform was not fun, train had to leave from the the furthest platform of Southern Cross. Been looking at them is the sizing true to size?

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Nearly ended up down the escalator this afternoon as I was running late for the train and trying to run on a wet platform was not fun, train had to leave from the the furthest platform of Southern Cross. Been looking at them is the sizing true to size?
The Mallets have the same sole as the Stamp flat pedal shoes and the cleat is recessed enough that it doesn't click on the ground when walking.

My usual shoe size in most casual shoes is 42.5 or 43 but I like MTB shoes a little bit looser.

Here's my riding shoe size record chart.

Attachments

Last edited:

cammas

Seamstress
The Mallets have the same sole as the Stamp flat pedal shoes and the clear is recessed enough that it doesn't click on the ground when walking.

My usual shoe size in most casual shoes is 42.5 or 43 but I like MTB shoes a little bit looser.

Here's my riding shoe size record chart.
Cheers I’ll have look at some tonight

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Crankbrothers Mallet Lace.

The best shoes I have ever owned.

Comfortable, light, easy to walk in, cleat plate has a race zone area so it can be moved really far back.

Mine are about 2 years old now and still great condition but starting to look at another pair the same, just need to work out what colour.

In the freeride style of shoes, I have had Shimano, Leatt, 2FO, five tens, ION etc.. the crankbrothers are in a different league.

View attachment 392740
Are they:
- less stiff
- as stiff
- more stiff
Than their beautiful wheels?

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
Had an issue with the rear shock on my Norco floating across the top bushing. Seems there was about 1mm space and the spacers seem to have worn away on interface with frame.

Luckily had some new aluminium ones I bought through offsetbushings.com a while ago, so installed those in.

2C33D897-3D6E-4146-805D-973D1179F96F.jpeg

All is tight now but there’s a fair bit of squeaking going on now. Got me thinking, should the spacers be slightly narrower than the bushing rod so they’re not locked against the rocker and end of shock? Kind of surprised me that it’s not washer at either end with spacer in the middle rather than just one piece for that reason.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Had an issue with the rear shock on my Norco floating across the top bushing. Seems there was about 1mm space and the spacers seem to have worn away on interface with frame.

Luckily had some new aluminium ones I bought through offsetbushings.com a while ago, so installed those in.

View attachment 392881

All is tight now but there’s a fair bit of squeaking going on now. Got me thinking, should the spacers be slightly narrower than the bushing rod so they’re not locked against the rocker and end of shock? Kind of surprised me that it’s not washer at either end with spacer in the middle rather than just one piece for that reason.
Run the nylon spacers on it.

DougalStrachan

Likes Dirt
Anyone know how damp the trails are around Taggerty? So Buxton and Eildon trails I guess - decided on a last minute trip for the super long weekend but don't really know the area at all. Buxton says the trails were closed until the 17th Sept but the lack of updates makes me think they are prob still damp / closed