The QUICK question thread.....

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
I looked at that recently as an option, but the web site doesn't work properly and couldn't book in for a service.

If he lives near by it can't hurt to drop in, but I figured it was just as easy to send it to one of the proven guys up north.
It’s tempting for my mate because he lives nearby and could potentially drop his bike in rather than take components off and post them - which i get but its a bit of a gamble not to just go with NSD or Cyclinic

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Travis is very cool, part of the new breed of suspension shops with a lathe in the workshop and a can do attitude that’s way beyond the factory service manual style shops.

Travis us now contracted by fox to provide support for the junior fox sponsored riders.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Would you spend around $400 for 8 solid lube bearings for suspension pivots? :eek: o_O

View attachment 392705
For the rate I turn bikes over, no.

But for a forever bike, possibly. I’d definitely want to see some early adopter reviews first though. If the bearings can “do what it says on the tin” it’d probably be worth it (thinking in comparison to having a munted conventional bearing potentially damage a frame, and the price of frames theses days…).

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Would you spend around $400 for 8 solid lube bearings for suspension pivots? :eek: o_O

View attachment 392705
No. The solid line bearings were dropped by Cane Creek in their hellbender bottom brackets. The full complement Max Enduro bearings are the price/durability winner, and you don't need to sacrifice a goat to your bearing distributor to get your hands on them.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

link1896

Mr Greenfield
No. The solid line bearings were dropped by Cane Creek in their hellbender bottom brackets. The full complement Max Enduro bearings are the price/durability winner, and you don't need to sacrifice a goat to your bearing distributor to get your hands on them.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk
Yep, when Duncan’s 6801 and 6901 Enduro Max prices at 11 bucks a pop, hard to beat.

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Yep, when Duncan’s 6801 and 6901 Enduro Max prices at 11 bucks a pop, hard to beat.
What about $7.50 :D

link1896

Mr Greenfield
What about $7.50 :D

For a small cost saving, I’ll stick with the well known and predictable Enduro Max. Plus Duncan is awesome, help a small aussie business and send your dollars his way.

cammas

Seamstress
Looking for some spd shoes for commuting in, need something comfortable to walk in and decent grip for escalators etc. Currently using some 2fo’s but they seem stiff as a board, not sure if it’s usually for them as I brought them off Jared Graves as not for public sale.
Would like something quick to get on, able to walk in and still be able to go for decent ride in after work, when I take the long way back.
Any recommendations?

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Currently using some 2fo’s but they seem stiff as a board, not sure if it’s usually for them
Yes, they have a fairly rigid sole, I’d be surprised if they weren’t standard. Good for riding bikes, but certainly not a casual all day option.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Looking for some spd shoes for commuting in, need something comfortable to walk in and decent grip for escalators etc. Currently using some 2fo’s but they seem stiff as a board, not sure if it’s usually for them as I brought them off Jared Graves as not for public sale.
Would like something quick to get on, able to walk in and still be able to go for decent ride in after work, when I take the long way back.
Any recommendations?

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Any recommendations?
Crankbrothers Mallet Lace.

The best shoes I have ever owned.

Comfortable, light, easy to walk in, cleat plate has a race zone area so it can be moved really far back.

Mine are about 2 years old now and still great condition but starting to look at another pair the same, just need to work out what colour.

In the freeride style of shoes, I have had Shimano, Leatt, 2FO, five tens, ION etc.. the crankbrothers are in a different league.

images (3).jpeg