Live Music Thread

indica

Serial flasher
1300 as the support for another artist. Sydeny Korean boy band hip-hop, works, it was good.

PXL_20220826_111040928.jpg

Then Confidence Man. Really good show, good fun music. Crowd well amped and up for it.

PXL_20220826_123807353.jpg

indica

Serial flasher
Hilltop Hoods the next night, supported by Elsy Wameyo and AB Original.

Elsy was great, owned the crowd and oh what a voice.
AB Original doing their best Ice Cube impersonation and killing it, really talented dudes.

And the Hoods. Fucking nailed it big time, brought the 10,000 strong party to the crowd. Killed it. Great tunes, vibe and energy. The close Cosby Sweater with all supports on stage just brought it.
Well impressed with the lads, it was flawless and the crowd loved it.

PXL_20220827_111546037.jpg
PXL_20220827_110825728.jpg

indica

Serial flasher
Alec the Astronaut last night.
Very funny, great tunes too.

Small venue and heaps of fun.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Alec the Astronaut last night.
Very funny, great tunes too.

Small venue and heaps of fun.
Has she learned to sing yet, or is she still taking the Bob Dylan approach?

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Kinda, still a bit Dylan/ Paul Kelly like.
Even though Paul Kelly has a bit of a drawl he's actually a very good singer. I saw him live at Angel Place in 2018 with Dan Kelly and he was pitch perfect and had good volume.

Not sure I would ever pay the big bucks to see Bob Dylan.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
20220908_205709-01.jpeg

Eternal Nightcap was an album on frequent rotation in my youth as I was trying to find my musical identity but then The Whitlams pretty much fell off my radar, it wasn't until tonight at the 25th anniversary tour that I realised how much I actually missed those songs. Highlight for the evening was Charlie in sequential order and bumping in to Rotorburn royalty.

Cyclomaniac

Likes Dirt
After the ill fated Canberra gig earlier this year I finally saw Midnight Oil last night for their last show. It was at the Hordern and they did not dissapoint. They played for over 3 and a half hours with 40 songs.
When I was about to buy my ticket I noticed that my 9 year old son was walking around the house singing one of their songs. It was a nice change from Imagine Dragons so I asked him if he wanted to come the the show. He was keen and so was my 11 year old daughter so it turned into a family night out. We stopped in at bunnings for ear muffs for the kids (the missus and I use audio ear plugs, can't recommend them highly enough) and drove up to the big smoke. The kids sat on the floor for a lot of it but got up and danced for the songs that they knew. We all had a great time and it was a good experience for the kids. Towards the end of the gig we had found ourselves surrounded by a bunch of fairly tanked punters as we were near the bar and my son had beer spilt on him. He was annoyed so I had to explain to him that it was an important part of an Oils gig "we can't go home not smelling of someone else's beer can we?"
The band have lost a little of their urgency an intensity on stage but the music sounds better than ever. Even Pete sounds as good/bad as he ever did despite being a 69 year old with severe asthma. Rob the drummer is an still an octapus, but the highlight for me is always the two guitarists. They got me into playing in the early nineties I still find them fascinating. Was great to hear them live one last time.