Project Car / Motorbike thread. Let's see 'em.

crash3

Likes Dirt
'Wankel' is pretty close to her other nickname for me.

Fit most of the remaining fairings to the FZR250 last weekend, that got me all excited to get it going.
As the bike came with no key, I wired in a plug to suit the new one, guessing the colors as I went as they weren't an exact match, but pretty close. Also the only service manuals (and thus wiring diagrams) for these are in japanese. Aaaaalso I'm colorblind, but it worked first go! Chucked a (car) battery in last night, and all the dash lights lit up. Happy days! Wasn't game to hit the starter as I haven't checked/replaced the oil situation.

Note: So I was flicking through my photos to find the one of the bike with the fairings on, and saw the one of the wiring I did. Thought 'hey might as well chuck that up too'. Just noticing my colorblind ass connected red-green and green-red. Ah well, lucky it's just an 'on-off' ignition barrel, just acts as a switch to doesn't matter which way it goes.

Screenshot 2022-09-02 152821.PNG.jpg
1662096664841.png

The Dude

Wasn't asking to be banned
'Wankel' is pretty close to her other nickname for me.

Fit most of the remaining fairings to the FZR250 last weekend, that got me all excited to get it going.
As the bike came with no key, I wired in a plug to suit the new one, guessing the colors as I went as they weren't an exact match, but pretty close. Also the only service manuals (and thus wiring diagrams) for these are in japanese. Aaaaalso I'm colorblind, but it worked first go! Chucked a (car) battery in last night, and all the dash lights lit up. Happy days! Wasn't game to hit the starter as I haven't checked/replaced the oil situation.

Note: So I was flicking through my photos to find the one of the bike with the fairings on, and saw the one of the wiring I did. Thought 'hey might as well chuck that up too'. Just noticing my colorblind ass connected red-green and green-red. Ah well, lucky it's just an 'on-off' ignition barrel, just acts as a switch to doesn't matter which way it goes.

View attachment 392508
View attachment 392509
Hang on; green???

latheboy

Likes Dirt
If going to an EV conversion, do you need an engineers cert?
Brake and suspension upgrade?
Safety systems check?
I'm sure that they wouldn't pass ADR compliance being so much heavier than STD.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
If going to an EV conversion, do you need an engineers cert?
Brake and suspension upgrade?
Safety systems check?
I'm sure that they wouldn't pass ADR compliance being so much heavier than STD.