The QUICK question thread.....

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Quick one:

Do I still have to get a myki card to use pubic transport in Melbourne? Last time I was here, I indeed did...but at home I can now just tap on/off where relevant using my debit/credit card.

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
Quick one:

Do I still have to get a myki card to use pubic transport in Melbourne? Last time I was here, I indeed did...but at home I can now just tap on/off where relevant using my debit/credit card.
yes you need a myki. you can get one at any 7-11. zone 1 and 2 (most of melbourne) is 4.50 per 2hr and if you touch on multiple times, you are capped at 9 bucks for the day. If youre in the CBD, its free. But take note of the freezones so you dont get caught out

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Quick one:

You can enable the myki app on your android phone, or buy a physical card for $6.

Cards going to be a lot easier

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
yes you need a myki. you can get one at any 7-11. zone 1 and 2 (most of melbourne) is 4.50 per 2hr and if you touch on multiple times, you are capped at 9 bucks for the day. If youre in the CBD, its free. But take note of the freezones so you dont get caught out
Cheers. You guys need to get up to date with the debit/credit system. Fuck letting those third parties hold your money til you tap it away.

You can enable the myki app on your android phone, or buy a physical card for $6.

Cards going to be a lot easier
I think so. My current app levels on the phone are...do chrome and Gmail count as apps? If not I think I use 4.

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
Cheers. You guys need to get up to date with the debit/credit system. Fuck letting those third parties hold your money til you tap it away.
No thanks. the benefit of a seperate card if youre not constantly pulling out your actual bank card everywhere you go. Its a theft risk. Also the EMV chip used to be clone proof, but not so anymore. Ringfencing 50 or 100 bucks is a lot better than risking your card being cloned and losing the lot.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
No thanks. the benefit of a seperate card if youre not constantly pulling out your actual bank card everywhere you go. Its a theft risk. Also the EMV chip used to be clone proof, but not so anymore. Ringfencing 50 or 100 bucks is a lot better than risking your card being cloned and losing the lot.
I have no fear.