What does your day look like?

Calvin27

Eats Squid
Are there any performance bargains anymore or has it all gone stratospheric?
Sorry, you are about 6 years too late. Word is the classic 90s/early 2000s cars have tanked in price, albeit from a very high base, and not selling. All the other improtable stuff seems very well priced and may drop further.

Our import rules means you can basically import enthusiast cars, sort of like the skylines and all that or there is a special category for efficient cars. The second is where you find all the quirky hybrids and stuff that we got like 5 years later than the rest of the world. Case in point subaru XV 2014 is will set you back about $25k, imported is $20k and you get the hybrid. Jazz prices here are ridiculous, you can get the hyrbid for $15k. Harrier (which is an upmarket ravs, closer to a NX in Aus) sets you back $30k, equivalent lexus is like $40k+ here and the rav is well, not possibly to actually buy, even used is hard.

I've been looking at replacing my car but kind of got dissuaded by the local market, some of these cars like the XV hybrid and harrier will have support in aus due to them being current models (although they were not at the time).

I actually should get some reports done today!

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
A mixed bag today, after a pretty disappointing jr rugby match with some truly despicable behavior from some St Ives players (and parents) the day took a turn for the positive with a catch up with a group of old day care buddies we don't see all that often and took them all indoor skydiving...looked so much fun I reckon I'll give it a nudge next time.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
A mixed bag today, after a pretty disappointing jr rugby match with some truly despicable behavior from some St Ives players (and parents) the day took a turn for the positive with a catch up with a group of old day care buddies we don't see all that often and took them all indoor skydiving...looked so much fun I reckon I'll give it a nudge next time.

Was this league or union, what age group?

My son had U8s rugby union on Sat against Seaforth and it was a good match. The northern beaches comp has been really good with lots of good play and sportsmanship.

My son has reported some pretty ordinary behaviour from the north shore (ahem Gordon subbies) kids at rugby camp.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
My kids is in aussie rules under 10s and thinking to give it away. So far this year he's been punched and eye gouged, sat off half a game after being elbowed in the head deliberately. Had another bump this week that was just getting rolled on top of after a tackle. Worst part is it seems most clubs have at least one coach who encourages shitty behaviour and is abusive from the sidelines. Ffs they are 10 years old and ungraded. You've got kids who are talented but also kids who can barely kick a ball all out to have some fun playing with their friends.

Older kid played a lowly ranked team who were all about the dirty hits. Their captain was sent off this time, their coach suspended last time for his behaviour. Played a top team today and was all about the game. Kids sport has some great people in it but sone real assholes too

nzhumpy

My son had U8s rugby union on Sat against Seaforth and it was a good match. The northern beaches comp has been really good with lots of good play and sportsmanship.

My son has reported some pretty ordinary behaviour from the north shore (ahem Gordon subbies) kids at rugby camp.

Yeah, Gordon is huge and we have played them a few times with no real drama on game day but limited dealings apart from Sundays, we've had few issues in State gradings etc with other big clubs in our catchment, ie Randwick

Under 12s, last round of competition and this was the play off for 4th & 5th so a fight for the semi's (for context we were 5th) but the difficulties started before kick off when we decided to stand on the opposite side of the field and got told we had had to stand in front of the stand ( we played them earlier in the season and the parents seemed to split up and stand behind us and just yell over the top top of us ) we politely told them we would be staying on the other side of the field so a few of them decided to come over and join us, oh the joy. Half time our boys are up 14-5 after a pretty scrappy game with a fair few high tackles and shirtfronting from that lot...5 minutes into the second half our captain starts complaining to the ref about some dodgy tactics...4 of our players come off with bite marks (obviously bites on all 4, could see teeth imprints) so our forward coach who's a huge unit halts the game and marches over to call their coaches out...tumbleweeds ....we decided to play on and the biting happens again by this stage our boys were struggling with not retaliating and the game stops again and we hear (in your best Jo' burg accent) "can you please get your boys to concentrate on the game and less complaining to the ref"

U WAT M8

To be fair to the ref on the day he saw nothing and had no idea of the culprit(s) so he decided to take all the ruck/mauls out of the equation which was our strong point...We only had 16 players on the day and went down to 13 after a few took head knocks and were pulled, we ended up losing 24-14 but super proud how the lads held themselves in the face of such poor sportsmanship.

No-one from our lot bought a B&E roll from the ground after the game...that'll teach them.

Last edited:

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Yeah, Gordon is huge and we have played them a few times with no real drama on game day but limited dealings apart from Sundays, we've had few issues in State gradings etc with other big clubs in our catchment, ie Randwick

Under 12s, last round of competition and this was the play off for 4th & 5th so a fight for the semi's (for context we were 5th) but the difficulties started before kick off when we decided to stand on the opposite side of the field and got told we had had to stand in front of the stand ( we played them earlier in the season and the parents seemed to split up and stand behind us and just yell over the top top of us ) we politely told them we would be staying on the other side of the field so a few of them decided to come over and join us, oh the joy. Half time our boys are up 14-5 after a pretty scrappy game with a fair few high tackles and shirtfronting from that lot...5 minutes into the second half our captain starts complaining to the ref about some dodgy tactics...4 of our players come off with bite marks (obviously bites on all 4, could see teeth imprints) so our forward coach who's a huge unit halts the game and marches over to call their coaches out...tumbleweeds ....we decided to play on and the biting happens again by this stage our boys were struggling with not retaliating and the game stops again and we hear (in your best Jo' burg accent) "can you please get your boys to concentrate on the game and less complaining to the ref"

U WAT M8

To be fair to the ref on the day he saw nothing and had no idea of the culprit(s) so he decided to take all the ruck/mauls out of the equation which was our strong point...We only had 16 players on the day and went down to 13 after a few took head knocks and were pulled, we ended up losing 24-14 but super proud how the lads held themselves in the face of such poor sportsmanship.

No-one from our lot bought a B&E roll from the ground after the game...that'll teach them.
That's fkn shithouse :(

Next time you play them hire your own coffee/tuck truck and undercut their canteen on price :p

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
@tubby74 and @nzhumpy make sure you lodge a complaint with the clubs you played and the regional organising committees. Kids sport is built on goodwill and most of the codes take poor sportsmanship very seriously.

We were strongly discouraged from getting anything formal done about the eye gouging. The other club suspended then bit the afl required a large deposit and very formal proceedings even though we had video and a perfect photo of it. Away from the ball from behind on a player running away.

The elbow was on the ground after a great tackle and the umpire admitted he didn't know how to handle it. We need more umpire mentors to assist what is a tough job especially whe. They are only a couple of years older than. The players and often get a lot of pressure from parents theyknow

nzhumpy

@tubby74 and @nzhumpy make sure you lodge a complaint with the clubs you played and the regional organising committees. Kids sport is built on goodwill and most of the codes take poor sportsmanship very seriously.

Already done by the manager on the day to SJRU, pretty sure we might have some dealings with the team in mention next week in Mudgee at the State Champs.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
We were strongly discouraged from getting anything formal done about the eye gouging. The other club suspended then bit the afl required a large deposit and very formal proceedings even though we had video and a perfect photo of it. Away from the ball from behind on a player running away.

The elbow was on the ground after a great tackle and the umpire admitted he didn't know how to handle it. We need more umpire mentors to assist what is a tough job especially whe. They are only a couple of years older than. The players and often get a lot of pressure from parents theyknow
That's shit, but you can still lodge an informal complaint with the club. Who knows they might have some wiser heads running the place who will have a word with the coach and players.

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
That's shit, but you can still lodge an informal complaint with the club. Who knows they might have some wiser heads running the place who will have a word with the coach and players.
We did lodger a complaint about the eye gouger and the club did the right thing, even swapping their teams in the same age group so we didnt have to play them again. still would much prefer that went on record with the league in case he does it again and maybe gets a better grip in someones eye. I this case we'd already complained to the ground manager but nothing more was done. I've since been told I would be the one suspended if I'd taken it up with the umpire and the only action I could take would be to pull the team from the field. Trouble is I rarely see all the cheap shots.

The elbow kid, the president of the other team sought me out after the game as the umpire said he was quite upset, partly from not knowing what to do and partly from my exasperation with him not making a call to protect the kids. we both agreed the young umpires need more support.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Comes only in a Hybrid engine now too. The ute is still diesel.
"hybrid"... Not a true hybrid like a prius, just a mild hybrid with a motor jammed in between the crank and trans. Still obscenely thirsty...

Toyota really are scum. Recently scored as only third to Chevron and Exxon as the worst offenders at actively stifling emissions reduction policy globally....