beautiful bikes - post them here

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Speaking of prices going ballistic, how's a starting price of $25k for a complete build from Bastion Cycles?

Bikes do look pretty insane though. If I won an extremely large lottery....
Hope they have a matching uber lock complete with hungry dogs mounted sirens and machine guns too.

You wouldn't want to park that outside of a Centrelink.

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
Speaking of prices going ballistic, how's a starting price of $25k for a complete build from Bastion Cycles?

View attachment 392038

View attachment 392039
I saw someone riding one of those through one of the seedier industrial parts of Perth. They were fully kitted out so was a case of a stolen bike, but very much the last place I’d ever expect to see one wheel past.

My extreme lotto dream is to get something like this, one of the most expensive and high end road bikes on the market, and convert it to flat bars.

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty

Yeah look, in their defence they are at the cutting edge of bike manufacturing in a lot of ways at least. S-works Tarmac or Aethos is $20k so if you've got that much cash to burn $25k for Bastion starts looking not too much of a stretch.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
I saw someone riding one of those through one of the seedier industrial parts of Perth. They were fully kitted out so was a case of a stolen bike, but very much the last place I’d ever expect to see one wheel past.

My extreme lotto dream is to get something like this, one of the most expensive and high end road bikes on the market, and convert it to flat bars.
No Schrader valves? :eek:

Calvin27

Eats Squid
So has literally doubled in price in ~5y.
I think a lot of these folk start out make a name for themselves and then win awards at NAHBS then prices go up. For custom frames, there is a bit of a no mans land, you either are watly style operations or you are charing $10k for a complete bike.

Yeah look, in their defence they are at the cutting edge of bike manufacturing in a lot of ways at least. S-works Tarmac or Aethos is $20k so if you've got that much cash to burn $25k for Bastion starts looking not too much of a stretch.
I sometimes wonder why people spend that much on a mass produced spesh. The tech and build of the bastion is pretty good. You know you are paying for that, for spesh you know a huge chunk of that is going to the branding department.

This is what I'd get:

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
I think a lot of these folk start out make a name for themselves and then win awards at NAHBS then prices go up. For custom frames, there is a bit of a no mans land, you either are watly style operations or you are charing $10k for a complete bike.
Yeah, thing with Isen is that it started from two well established custom builders in the UK (Hartley and Talbot - check out Hartley for some beautiful craft work... from memory she was a jeweller before she started making bikes) and was billed as basically semi-custom for semi-custom prices, which is a great pitch. Seems it changed pretty quick!

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
Hope they have a matching uber lock complete with hungry dogs mounted sirens and machine guns too.

You wouldn't want to park that outside of a Centrelink.
If you could afford to blow $25K on a custom bike, you wouldn't BE on Centrelink payments, nor stupid enough to leave it anywhere other than inside your securely locked expensive house in an upmarket suburb. ;)

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
If you could afford to blow $25K on a custom bike, you wouldn't BE on Centrelink payments, nor stupid enough to leave it anywhere other than inside your securely locked expensive house in an upmarket suburb. ;)
Good point. I bet it would be found mostly at the local latte and smashed avo outlet instead.

Once it gets flogged out of a storage cage then will end up at Centrelink on Thursdays.