What does your day look like?

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Sad but true.

Toyota have done nothing to shine in the last few years. Current model HiLux is the only passenger vehicle being produced in 2022 with drum brakes.
Except the Hybrid Corolla and RAV4 are utterly brilliant L/P plate cars. They can also be sourced in a reasonable time frame from the car hire companies as they filter through to auction.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Except the Hybrid RAV4
3 people that work with me have this current model. IIRC it was a bit of a wait on these too.

G00Gl3 says up to 18 months :rolleyes:

Maybe the best idea is to just put a new vehicles on the backburner and 'run what you brung' for a couple of years till this shit settles.

Waiting on shit makes me angry :p

I can manage 4 weeks on a German order, that's about the limit.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Maybe the best idea is to just put a new vehicles on the backburner and 'run what you brung' for a couple of years till this shit settles.
Mate works in leasing and says most people automatically ask for the latest RAV4 / Klugger / boring Toyota and aren't interested in anything else, or take a lot of persuading to consider other brands. Toyota has built an enviable reputation building cars for people who have no interest in them and just want something that works regardless of how long they ignore the 'check engine' light for.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Mate works in leasing and says most people automatically ask for the latest RAV4 / Klugger / boring Toyota and aren't interested in anything else, or take a lot of persuading to consider other brands. Toyota has built an enviable reputation building cars for people who have no interest in them and just want something that works regardless of how long they ignore the 'check engine' light for.
I'll take something out of the ordinary for a lease. Can you arrange a Mazda 787B?

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Toyota resale when the lease finishes is through the roof.

The old Commo and Falco diehards used to struggle to break even with the residual balloon payment.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
I cant even afford one on GT7 at 3.5 million credits.
I definitely bought one for a lot less than that. About 100km on the clock too. Finally have a reason to use the thing now the developers have deigned to add some Group 1 races.

Keep an eye out on that Hagerty Auction House, I'm starting to think there's some pretty wild discrepancies between pricing.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
3 people that work with me have this current model. IIRC it was a bit of a wait on these too.

G00Gl3 says up to 18 months :rolleyes:

Waiting on shit makes me angry

I can manage 4 weeks on a German order, that's about the limit.
If you can live without the Hybrid you can get Corollas and Rav4s next week. https://www.pickles.com.au/cars/ite...a._.Model.RAV4.)))&sort=Product_Type_Sequence

If you need the Hybrid, ring Bayswater car hire and Goget for their auction details.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Was supposed to have an afternoon of product sampling at work. Supplier cancelled. Guess I'll have a short ride on the mud instead.

scblack

Leucocholic
The same people buy Lexus.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Pfft, who needs brakes on the rear when you have engine compression braking which works better.
Instantly thought of you Stirk when hilux and brakes enter the chat.

How’s the feet going with the Fred Flintstone braking technique?

Calvin27

Eats Squid
If you can live without the Hybrid you can get Corollas and Rav4s next week.
If you dont mind an import you can get the toyota harrier (slightly bigger rav 4) for less than a clapped out 2013 rav in the current market. It has the hybrid engine of the current rav in the previous gen chassis for about $30 landed. Other cars like the subby xv hybrid (sells for stupid used prices here) can also be had for a lot less than the local market and probably a shorter wait. Word is the Jap impotrs market is tanking and stuff aint selling but that might just be the collectibles which was truly stupid.

FYI, my day is basically looking at japan auctions and trying to figure out which car i should yolo on. No, it's not my day job... :)