What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Ackland

chats d'élevage

After acquiring this frame almost 2yrs ago I finally have it built in the configuration that I wanted....

This involved..
Sourcing a proprietary interface spider and lock ring tool direct from Tune's NOS parts storage as they no longer produce the cranks.

Finding "hen's teeth" - TRP Hylex brakes (SS Specific drop bar hydro brakes)

Having custom stainless rivnuts installed into my Niner fork

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
At least ill be able to spot you at Melrose now :p
If it's anything like the Nukeproof, it probably won't get used by me too often.

It took its place as the spare bike for boys with broken enduro bikes though I might use this a bit more as its steel and feels so much nicer than the alu Nukkie.

We are up Friday and back Sunday so might only be my Spur with XC tyres that makes it up.

ozzybmx

View attachment 391987

After acquiring this frame almost 2yrs ago I finally have it built in the configuration that I wanted....

This involved..
Sourcing a proprietary interface spider and lock ring tool direct from Tune's NOS parts storage as they no longer produce the cranks.

Finding "hen's teeth" - TRP Hylex brakes (SS Specific drop bar hydro brakes)

Having custom stainless rivnuts installed into my Niner fork
Very nice !

Thru axle front and back ?

ozzybmx

Yeah I did also order a set of 12x142 paragon sliders to replace the QR's
The only things on mine that I would wish for are thru axles and a tapered steerer.
Got 2 forks and few sets of QR wheels so don't need them but would be nice.

Ackland

chats d'élevage
The only things on mine that I would wish for are thru axles and a tapered steerer.
Got 2 forks and few sets of QR wheels so don't need them but would be nice.
On your indyfab I'm assuming?
Does that have sliding dropouts and 44mm head tube?

ozzybmx

Well.... with the frothers on the gravel wagon, all manufaturers with NOS mid 2000's frames could rebrand and double the price
Oath they could but they need the rare stock of straight steerer forks and QR (135/142/100) wheelsets.

There was only a very small window where forks went tapered before getting TA too.

I still keep an eye out for the old Niner MCR and SIR frames.

Saying that, groupsets are becoming hard to find without flatmount calipers.

Wolftooth steps up when AS Solutions dropped the ball. Nothing for IS unless the PM mount fits on the IS adaptor. Was nearly as cheap to just change the calipers than order 2 adaptors and ship from AS anyway.