AM British Steel

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
Well… how did she ride? Climb like a mountain goat, descend like a proto-demo ridden by a Canadian with no chain?

moorey

call me Mia
Well… how did she ride? Climb like a mountain goat, descend like a proto-demo ridden by a Canadian with no chain?
More of a test ride to check everything out than a proper first ride, but it felt fantastic. Doesn’t climb as well as an orange with the same travel, but it is a lot heavier. Probably on par with the Spitfire if it ran the same tyres, though it’s also a chunk heavier than the Spitfire.
Descending, not as nimble as the 26 orange, and probably on a par with the Spitfire as far as capability, but felt so much more planted and confidence inspiring, even for a first ride. Mind you, it’s running bigger tyres and a coil shock, so I’m not comparing apples with apples.
It felt insanely stable, but again, running a higher end fork and shock than my other bikes I’m comparing it to. Sizing is perfect for me, and the 200mm dropper slammed right down is at the perfect height.
Definitely needs a bit lighter spring, which should be here tomorrow, and I’ll also test out the air shock for comparison.
New bike feels are always very deceptive, so as excited as I am, and I’ll see how it performs over the next few months stopping back and forth between bikes.
Call me biased, but it is just a stunning bike to look at, and I couldn’t be happier with how it’s come up.

I won’t lie, I’m gaga over it….and if feeling this way in 6 months, might find myself selling off some old bikes to add a 160mm Stanton to the stable.