Tas Gravity Enduro Series winds up

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
Danny King has announced that he's not running the series anymore.:(

Dam shame as it was an awesome event and one the best run MTB events around. I've race every round bar thee of them due to injury in the whole six years of Tas Grav.

With a bit of luck someone might take it on or team up with Doug to keep it going.

As a past club president, I do know how Danny feels though . Running events is a lot of work and personal time to give up.

Last edited:
Reactions: PJO

nathanm

Eats Squid
absolutely amazingly well run series and one of the best events going. Will be sad to see it go if someone doesn't take over the running as it was our only real statewide event and attracted 100's of riders. It's a massive commitment though and needs some series hours chucked at it. Be interesting to see the books on it as it could be a excellent side hustle making some good money for a team willing to invest in it.

Stredda

absolutely amazingly well run series and one of the best events going. Will be sad to see it go if someone doesn't take over the running as it was our only real statewide event and attracted 100's of riders. It's a massive commitment though and needs some series hours chucked at it. Be interesting to see the books on it as it could be a excellent side hustle making some good money for a team willing to invest in it.
Having raced their events right from the start, I have seen how the racing has grown from the 50 or so entrants at Trevallyn in Launceston, the old poke the timer thing in the hole timing :p and 8 and 9 speed chains as random prizes in 2015 up to a truly statewide comp, with epic destinations and race courses, 200+ riders and a Challenger series for an enduro taster for novice riders, dropper posts, forks, weekend accommodation packs now up for grabs as random prizes. It's come a long way.
The series has done so much to promote mountain biking as a fun, inclusive sport, not just for the elite but also for the daily punters like myself and upping the level of up and coming kids.

I really hope someone steps in and keeps it alive.

Skydome

What's invisible and smells like hay?
i hope someone else is willing to pick it up since i was hoping to slowly build my fitness up to do the full 41km.

Mattyp

Cows go boing
I've watched some of the Magneir Media vids with envy at how well the whole series was structured... Props to all involved and a damn shame it's finishing up. Hopefully someone else picks it up and keeps it going.

Stredda

I've watched some of the Magneir Media vids with envy at how well the whole series was structured... Props to all involved and a damn shame it's finishing up. Hopefully someone else picks it up and keeps it going.
I was talking to Doug (the other guy who runs Tas Gravity) yesterday and he's looking at ways to keep the racing going. Danny does the timing and some of the organising and was critical to the race event. It may turn out a bit different to how it has been run but I think there will be something in the future to replace it.