Ohlins TTX2Air Vs. Cane Creek Double Barrel Kitsuma Air

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
I chased a decent set up on my Titan so I'm thinkin the Rune should be similar but getting the HSC right on it was critical. The Topaz has very light compression damping and works well but the HSC spring on the ?2 (the button between the Z and the C on my keyboard has stopped fucking working) can be a little stout depending on the tune and this contributed hugely to the compliance issues I experienced on that bike.
Well here's the thing. My Topaz has heavier weight oil than stock, as well as running the bladder at the full 200 psi. So the amount of rebound and compression dampening available is monstrous. Yet it is still a much smoother shock in the Rune than the X2.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

PJO

in me vL comy
You’re allowed to answer again in this thread with ascii art.

...........................................................................................&&##(#%&(..................................................
......................................................................&&&&@@&&&.,/%&&(..&#/,,,*,,,,,#@................................................
....................................................................(&&&#/#&&&&&&&&&&&@&#,,,,(,,#,,/%/..............................................
....................................................................&@@&....%&&&&&&&&@&/....%././*,,(&..............................................
....................................................................&&&&&@@@&&@&&&&&&&@&#..(#/,,,,,,/%..............................................
....................................................................&&&&&&@@&&&&&&&&&&&@@&#%#,,,,,,*@@................................................
.................................................................%%%&&&&&&&&&&&@@@@@&@&&&@@@@&%#%@&%..................................................
.................................................................#%&&&&&&&&&&&&&@@@@&&@&&@&@@@@%@&@...................................................
................................................................#%%&%%%&&&&&&&&&@@@@@&&@&@@/&&@@&@/&..................................................
................................................................#%%&&&%&&&&&&&&&@@@@@&@&@#,&@@.,(&&@%.................................................
................................................................/#&&@&&%%&@@&&@@@@@#%&@&@&,&@&(,.&&&/.................................................
.................................................................%&&&&#%&&&&&&@@@@..#&##@%@&&@&&&%..................................................
.................................................................*#&&%%#%&&&&%&@@@@.../&&###%&(#&&&(..................................................
.................................................................*%&&&%(#&&&&%&@&%%..............#&&#.................................................
.................................................................*%%&&%#%&&&&%&@&%#...................................................................
.................................................................,#%&&%(#&&&&%&&&%#...................................................................
.................................................................,#%&&&(%&@&&%&&&%#...................................................................
.................................................................,#%&&%(#&@&&%&&&%#...................................................................
.................................................................,#%&&%(#&@&&%&&&%#...................................................................
.................................................................,#%&%%(#&@&&%&&&%#...................................................................
.................................................................,#%&%%(#&@&&%&&&%#...................................................................
................................................................*&&&@&@@&&&&&&&&&&&%..................................................................
...............................................................#%%%%%%%&&&&&&&%&%&&%%#................................................................
...............................................................((###%%%*%TTX&,&&&&&%%#................................................................
...............................................................#%&&&&&%%&&&&&&&&&&&%#(................................................................
.............................................................((#%%%%&&&&&&&&@@@@@&%%%##(..............................................................
............................................................*#%%&&%%%##%&@@@&&&&&&&&&%%#..............................................................
............................................................,(#%&%%#%#(#%&@@&&&%&&&&&%%(..............................................................
..............................................................#%%&@@@@@@@@@&&&&%&&&&%#(...............................................................
..............................................................#%%%%&%%%&&#(*&&&&&&&&%%#...............................................................
..............................................................#%%%%%%&,@*,.#/&&&&&&&%%#...............................................................
..............................................................#%%%%%(,,(,@,#.,*(#&&&%%%...............................................................
..............................................................%&%%%%&/&*.,..(,,.&&%%%...............................................................
............................................................../##((&%%((,,#/&&,,,,/%%%%...............................................................
..............................................................,(.((&%&%((,,,%%%&*.,./%#...............................................................
..............................................................%%(%(&%&&&&*,,.(&&/,/%#...............................................................
..............................................................#((//&&&&&&&@*.,,,.,,((%%...............................................................
..............................................................%%%&&&&&&&&&&&@/**,(%%&%%...............................................................
..............................................................#%%&&%%&%%&@@@@&%&&&&@&%#...............................................................
.............................................................##%%&&&&&%%&&&&&&&&&&&&%%#(..............................................................
............................................................(%&&@&&&&&%&&&&&&&&&&&@&@@&%#.............................................................
............................................................(#%&&&&&&&&&&@@@&&&&&&&&&&%%#.............................................................
............................................................/#%&&&&&&&&&&&@&&&&&&&&&&&%%(.............................................................
............................................................*#%&&&&&&&&&&@@@&&&&&&&&&&%%/.............................................................
............................................................#%&&&&&&&&&&@@&&&&&&&&&&&%%.............................................................
.............................................................#%&&&&&&&&&@@@&&&&&&&&&&&%%,.............................................................
..............................................................#%&@@@@@@@@@@&&&&&&&&&&%%...............................................................
.....................................................................#@@@@@@&&&&&.....................................................................
....................................................................../@@@&&&&&*......................................................................
......................................................................((@@&&&&&.......................................................................
....................................................................../#@&&&&&&.......................................................................
......................................................................*&@&&&&&&.......................................................................
.......................................................................@&&&&&&(.......................................................................

Last edited:

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
Well here's the thing. My Topaz has heavier weight oil than stock, as well as running the bladder at the full 200 psi. So the amount of rebound and compression dampening available is monstrous. Yet it is still a much smoother shock in the Rune than the X2.

To clarify, are you using lots of damping or just saying the shock is capable of being cranked into a heavily overdamped spring?

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
To clarify, are you using lots of damping or just saying the shock is capable of being cranked into a heavily overdamped spring?
I've got the bladder at the full 200 psi and usually have the LSC lever in the middle position. This gives me the amount of LSC that I like (lots). The climb position is not a full lockout but it's treacle like.

gillyske

Likes Dirt
I've got an ohlins ttx 1 air. I can compare it to a fox dpx2 and a manitou mara. The ohlins was just very easy to set up and feel comfortable on and feels nice straight away.
Mara is killer on slow tech, feels like a coil, but i couldn't get it to mute higher speed chatter as nicely as the ohlins.... however... after swapping out a rimpact insert for a cushcore the harshness from the rear has reduced significantly so I'll be chucking the mara pro in again to try get that dialed, just because of how nice it feels on low speed drops and hits.

Ohlins v dpx2 is pretty similar, but the ohlins just feels 1 step above in every aspect.

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
I've got an ohlins ttx 1 air. I can compare it to a fox dpx2 and a manitou mara. The ohlins was just very easy to set up and feel comfortable on and feels nice straight away.
Mara is killer on slow tech, feels like a coil, but i couldn't get it to mute higher speed chatter as nicely as the ohlins.... however... after swapping out a rimpact insert for a cushcore the harshness from the rear has reduced significantly so I'll be chucking the mara pro in again to try get that dialed, just because of how nice it feels on low speed drops and hits.

Ohlins v dpx2 is pretty similar, but the ohlins just feels 1 step above in every aspect.
I had a very similar experience with a McLeod shock. On single hits it was ridiculous how smoothly it controlled the hit. On repetitive stuff it got rough. The rebound I could never get right but I reckon if that was sorted it would be killer.

creaky

XMAS Plumper
I had a very similar experience with a McLeod shock. On single hits it was ridiculous how smoothly it controlled the hit. On repetitive stuff it got rough. The rebound I could never get right but I reckon if that was sorted it would be killer.
Did it seem that the rebound damping basically too slow so it was packing down / not recovering from the initial hit?

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Happy suspension birthday, I too bought myself a suspension birthday present.
Nice, what did you get?

BTW, I've finally gotten through my busiest period of the year (hopefully) and have polished up the 1FG frame, in the odd event that I haven't missed the window of opportunity to sell it to your good home!

Litenbror

Eats Squid
Nice, what did you get?

BTW, I've finally gotten through my busiest period of the year (hopefully) and have polished up the 1FG frame, in the odd event that I haven't missed the window of opportunity to sell it to your good home!
Went for another Mezzer, but slightly different.

Haven't missed the opportunity, would be happy to give it a good home riding the fire trails back and forth from work. Swing by anytime, rain like this I certainly won't be out riding.

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
Went for another Mezzer, but slightly different.

Haven't missed the opportunity, would be happy to give it a good home riding the fire trails back and forth from work. Swing by anytime, rain like this I certainly won't be out riding.
A Mezzer with Rulez I presume. I see the ad is marked as sold. Look forward to a ride report.