Little Things You Hate

safreek

If you've ever been victimised, stigmatised and discriminated against just for being yourself, then maybe you might give a fuck.

PS, I hold a fairly low opinion of sportsballers, and "adults" who still believe in fairytales at the best of times. Combine the two, and well.... far cough.
Mate, I have lived half my life in same sex couple over the years.
In 20 years I have never been victimised or such. My partner hasn't put up with discrimination since primary school.

Yes, I have been called a faggot and poofta many times, but the reason for that was to start trouble, same as calling someone fatty or whatever.
Inclusion to me is getting life underway without people making grandstanding points to aid me.
By the way, I feel the word queer is much more demeaning than poofta or whatever.

Also I don't go around saying "hello, I'm FREEKY, I'm gay. Don't remember hetro people having to tell the world they are hetro.

Last edited:

safreek

That really was an odd term to become 'more acceptable' slang (slur) at that time
The amount of straight people who use this term on television is amazing, it implies that there is a malfunction in the person.

Just because some African American found it acceptable to call each other nigga dies not mean the majority agreed.
Same as queer, the minority may call themselves that but the majority don't.

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
Also to add : Ian Roberts does not speak for me, or my mm friends.
Obviously

He speaks for himself to promote himself.
Did you even read the article? he says this in only the second paragraph.

"and if there is anything that motivates me speaking out in this conversation it is the knowledge that there are still so many young people out there suffering for their own sexuality, and what I really want at the end of this conversation is for them to be stronger, to know they are not alone, they are not abnormal, that they have support."

Self promotion maybe, but definitely speaking for others that feel they don't have a voice.

safreek

Obviously

Did you even read the article? he says this in only the second paragraph.

"and if there is anything that motivates me speaking out in this conversation it is the knowledge that there are still so many young people out there suffering for their own sexuality, and what I really want at the end of this conversation is for them to be stronger, to know they are not alone, they are not abnormal, that they have support."

Self promotion maybe, but definitely speaking for others that feel they don't have a voice.
I reckon he isn't the best example, he used to punch people's heads in but was too scared to come out, thinking it was more he was embarrassed about what he is.

This is totally different than the Mardi gras when people were truely discriminated against.
This is the easiest time in Australian history to be gay.
I mean let's have a Goth round, those poor fuckers get a harder time than gay people.
Seriously, where does the signalling stop

Last edited:

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
I reckon he isn't the best example, he used to punch people's heads in but was too scared to come out, thinking it was more he was embarrassed about what he is.

This is totally different than the Mardi gras when people were truely discriminated against.
This is the easiest time in Australian history to be gay.
I mean let's have a Goth round, those poor fuckers get a harder time than gay people.
Seriously, where does the signalling stop
I think I know where you're coming from, let people just be people without any labels, but there's at least another generation to pass before that's likely. My 70yo Uncle is a fine, upstanding, well liked, quality person, but still makes the odd quite unsavoury remark about a few minority groups purely because that's what he heard growing up.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
Mate, I have lived half my life in same sex couple over the years.
In 20 years I have never been victimised or such. My partner hasn't put up with discrimination since primary school.

Yes, I have been called a faggot and poofta many times, but the reason for that was to start trouble, same as calling someone fatty or whatever.
Inclusion to me is getting life underway without people making grandstanding points to aid me.
By the way, I feel the word queer is much more demeaning than poofta or whatever.

Also I don't go around saying "hello, I'm FREEKY, I'm gay. Don't remember hetro people having to tell the world they are hetro.
We're pretty much on the same page then. :)