The election thread - Two middle-late aged white men trying to be blokey and convincing..., same old shit, FFS.

Who will you vote for?

• Liberals

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Labor

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Nationals

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Greens

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Independant

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • The Clive Palmer shit show

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • Shooters and Fishers Party

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • One Nation

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Donkey/Invalid vote

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters

Flow-Rider

Burner
Oh sorry I thought you meant him being a director of a shelf company, not a user.

He may have stashed cash, but he was all about showing it off and spending it. If he has stashed it, the liquidators may be a le to identify stuff via his financials. They'll be combing over everything forensically. They'll also be watching when he's out. It might be the next chapter in the mahejer saga.
They must be doing something because they seem to drive expensive cars and all the other stuff that goes with when they get out of goal.

Flow-Rider

Burner
That's a big generalisation about "they". Plenty of dickheads who get out completely destitute
The bottom feeders or tag alongs tend to stay at the bottom but the ones who held power always seem to come out on top, just look at the guys that are head of OMG's . I think their biggest fear is being assassinated from past grudges from other criminals.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
I wonder what her platform will be when white anglos become a minority
Stoking bullshit culture wars then playing the victim card, it's what RWNJs do best. Create a shitstorm, then wail to anyone who'll listen about how you're being 'victimised' by the impending backlash.

Interesting more media didn't cover this, perhaps they're getting wise to it (unlikely but you never know).

Flow-Rider

Burner

pauline has run out of foreign ethnic minorities it seems. I wonder what her platform will be when white anglos become a minority (given evidence shows that the future is mixed race)
Where she comes from is full of her type, pre 90's we used to call it 'double headed city' because they only want to breed with themselves.

Last edited:

crash3

Likes Dirt
^^ My dad was talking about this recently. He's in the 'I don't want to hear the aknowledgement of/welcome to country every time there's an event on' camp. Even made a very loud scoff when the celebrant at my wedding did a very well researched aknowledgement, even though we told him beforehand it would be happening and asked him to keep his mouth shut.

His reasoning is that 'we're all Australians, we shouldn't be forcing one culture down each others throats, who cares if they were here first'
Reckons he's not at all racist, actually thinks that the aknowledgement of/welcome to country is racist.

Anyway, rant over. Can't wait till Pauline faces absolutely no concequences for her actions again.

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
my view on welcome to country is that it feels contrived. we acknowledge that were meeting on their traditionally owned lands and that they will always be that, so Nyer.

Im a bit ignorant to how its meant to help heal or change anything. Same with changing the day of Australia day. All for it because i legitimately don't care what date we have it, but changing the day just shifts the day we talk about the controversy. I mean i could be wrong, but thats what i predict will happen if/when we do.

Personally i feel all of this fuzzy, performative stuff without any meaningful actions is probably damaging in ways we're yet to understand

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Personally i feel all of this fuzzy, performative stuff without any meaningful actions is probably damaging in ways we're yet to understand
I feel this times infinity. I'm not up to speed on the political side of reconciliation, but I give a lot of money to indigenous education charities. It blows my mind that it is almost impossible to find a recipient for a bursary west of the great dividing range. It's like apartheid is alive and well.

What is the point in acknowledging country when we are failing to raise, teach, employ and generally look after the traditional custodians. Let's get the basics right first before the performative stuff.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

bear the bear

Is a real bear
I feel this times infinity. I'm not up to speed on the political side of reconciliation, but I give a lot of money to indigenous education charities. It blows my mind that it is almost impossible to find a recipient for a bursary west of the great dividing range. It's like apartheid is alive and well.

What is the point in acknowledging country when we are failing to raise, teach, employ and generally look after the traditional custodians. Let's get the basics right first before the performative stuff.

I would say look across the ditch on how to do it, but....... even we Kiwis are only at about 65% of the way to getting it right (There is still a lot of entrenched racism in NZ)

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Local mob signage in towns and villages and welcome to country are fine by me. At least a start and heading in the right direction. There is a lot of poor treatment history to work through. At a town hall meeting there was some very vocal dissent about posting signage at entrances to our village from someone who was sucking at the public teat for many years. The sort who has gotten to the point where it is his view that is right no matter what. He was told to shut the fuck up in very short order.

Scotty T

Walks the walk
There's some stuff I didn't know in here, good read.

More on respect, you might not pick a peace loving hippie as someone who has gone to many dawn services at the War Memorial. Hansen's stunt would be like walking out of the dawn service during the prayer because I'm atheist, total disrespect.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Local mob signage in towns and villages and welcome to country are fine by me. At least a start and heading in the right direction. There is a lot of poor treatment history to work through. At a town hall meeting there was some very vocal dissent about posting signage at entrances to our village from someone who was sucking at the public teat for many years. The sort who has gotten to the point where it is his view that is right no matter what. He was told to shut the fuck up in very short order.
I don't have a problem with the acknowledgement itself. I'm just worried that it is a salve to middle class and corporate Australia's counscience without any real action. Despite the acknowledgements becoming more widespread, I just feel that they are tokenistic when the gap just keeps growing.

Acknowledging country is one thing, but reserving 3% of the lower house (5 seats) for indeginius MPs would truly be paying respect. If indeginous MPs held the balance of power I suspect the gap would begin to close quickly.