The election thread - Two middle-late aged white men trying to be blokey and convincing..., same old shit, FFS.

Who will you vote for?

• Liberals

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Labor

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Nationals

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Greens

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Independant

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • The Clive Palmer shit show

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • Shooters and Fishers Party

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • One Nation

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Donkey/Invalid vote

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters

crash3

Likes Dirt
So that fat grubby little <redacted> Barilaro received a defamation payout of $700k+ from Google because amongst other things the videos FriendlyJordies posted contained "allegations of professional impropriety that had no factual or intelligible basis."

So he's going to return that money now? I wouldn't want to mess with Google if I was him, they're probably warming up their litigation death star.
NSW Police investigating scuffle between John Barilaro and cameraman in Manly on Saturday - ABC News
Not far from rock bottom now

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
So that fat grubby little <redacted> Barilaro received a defamation payout of $700k+ from Google because amongst other things the videos FriendlyJordies posted contained "allegations of professional impropriety that had no factual or intelligible basis."
I think there was more to it than that.

I thought the videos were great because they're entertaining, but through the lens of sustained cyberbullying and racists remarks etc, they take on a different light. Friendly jordies has an interesting platform and position, but the approach is what's in question, not the content. As such, google withdrew its defence as it failed to actually apply its own policies in preventing such behavior on its platforms.

I am enjoying watching the downward spiral though, it seems well deserved, but it is doubtful it would have occurred without the friendly jordies activity.

This reminds me of the whole salim mehajer debacle, but he was responsible for that one himself. THAT was an amazing fall from grace.

crash3

Likes Dirt
I think there was more to it than that.

I thought the videos were great because they're entertaining, but through the lens of sustained cyberbullying and racists remarks etc, they take on a different light. Friendly jordies has an interesting platform and position, but the approach is what's in question, not the content. As such, google withdrew its defence as it failed to actually apply its own policies in preventing such behavior on its platforms.

I am enjoying watching the downward spiral though, it seems well deserved, but it is doubtful it would have occurred without the friendly jordies activity.
Absolutley. FJs is right in the corruption he has exposed, but he is a smug bullying prat also. In the Bruz V Shanks game, there is no good guy it really seems to me.
This reminds me of the whole salim mehajer debacle, but he was responsible for that one himself. THAT was an amazing fall from grace.
Good lord that was funny to watch. I forgot about him. What a moron.

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
Absolutley. FJs is right in the corruption he has exposed, but he is a smug bullying prat also. In the Bruz V Shanks game, there is no good guy it really seems to me.
Yep always good to expose corruption, did a whole lot better than mainstream journos. I particularly liked the estimates comittee videos that focused on the use of teh fixated persons squad. Adam Searle is such a gun and love his calm way of dismantling BS. Its amazing to watch. He's in no rush and just lets the police dig their own hole. Soo good.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Yeah I got the same vibe. Shameless, arrogant bullying dickhead verses..... a shameless arrogant bullying dickhead. Barilaro is still much worse, mainly because he hasn't made any videos ridiculing MAFS yet.
Ha, forgot about him too. Strong candidate for this thread there.
Adam Searle is such a gun and love his calm way of dismantling BS. Its amazing to watch. He's in no rush and just lets the police dig their own hole. Soo good.
Reminds me of watching IBAC do their thing. "Here's some rope.... here's some more..... and a bit more..... oh you see, right there you've just admitted a major felony or perjured yourself. Would you like some time with your counsel to reconsider your position?"

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
The Salim Mehajer Wikipedia page reads like a bad movie script

Bet the liquidators are having a fun time pulling him apart.
He's the gift that keeps on giving.

Also a fine example of what happens when you start believing your ill gotten gains somehow afford you an immunity and you start acting like a douche. Drug dealers often fall victim to this.

Flow-Rider

Burner
He's the gift that keeps on giving.

Also a fine example of what happens when you start believing your ill gotten gains somehow afford you an immunity and you start acting like a douche. Drug dealers often fall victim to this.
"vexatious litigant" probably lost most his power when the ties with the OMG broke down. I think he still has a lot of money behind him, just can't do much with it when you're behind bars.

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
"vexatious litigant" probably lost most his power when the ties with the OMG broke down. I think he still has a lot of money behind him, just can't do much with it when you're behind bars.
He's bankrupt and assetless. Liquidators are pretty good at working out if theres any money hidden. We'll see when he gets out what he starts driving around in .

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Scotty is a back bencher and has no formal responsibilities. But still reckons its ok to miss the first week of parliament because he is OS at a junket. Well at least he is consistent I guess...

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
He'd be the perfect candidate for the offshore shelf companies that you normally talk about aye?
not really. Your grandma or the guy she sees on the downlow that lives in the caravan park down the road are ideal. . Clean people, no records, no marks to come up etc. Salim mahajer name is literally burned.

Flow-Rider

Burner
not really. Your grandma or the guy she sees on the downlow that lives in the caravan park down the road are ideal. . Clean people, no records, no marks to come up etc. Salim mahajer name is literally burned.
If he's hidden money overseas in the good times, how can the Aust Govt claw it back?

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
If he's hidden money overseas in the good times, how can the Aust Govt claw it back?
Oh sorry I thought you meant him being a director of a shelf company, not a user.

He may have stashed cash, but he was all about showing it off and spending it. If he has stashed it, the liquidators may be a le to identify stuff via his financials. They'll be combing over everything forensically. They'll also be watching when he's out. It might be the next chapter in the mahejer saga.