Little Things You Love

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Yeah I don’t do those, it’s been over a year since I’ve cut mine and even prior to that why pay someone to do something I can do myself. No one I work with believe I do it myself and no I don’t just shave it all off either I do have some style:rolleyes:. But I did trim the beard down for my job interview the other week, must’ve worked I got the job/promotion.
I do however trim the eyebrows on a regular basis as the Mrs like call me “Birdman” if I don’t trim them down, not John Howard bad but then again I’ve never let them go wild.
Similar here. I did my own hair (read: #2 clippers) for like 16 years but after deciding to let it gooooo during first lockdown I got given orders to visit a barber. It was an experience, I learnt I can actually style my hair(ish) rather than just obliterate most of it to reinforce discipline.

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Similar here. I did my own hair (read: #2 clippers) for like 16 years but after deciding to let it gooooo during first lockdown I got given orders to visit a barber. It was an experience, I learnt I can actually style my hair(ish) rather than just obliterate most of it to reinforce discipline.
I've been doing #3s myself every 2-3 months for probably 15yrs. Last Christmas I shaved off the sides for a terrible mullet (bit of fun to trigger my mother) after probably 3 months growth. Haven't touched it in the 8 months since. Styling isn't really a thing for me. Hoping for a man bun for next Christmas.

cammas

Seamstress
Just like the rest of my body I decided to just to let everything go, I trim the beard now and then to keep respectable for work. And yes I do have a man bun currently as it’s not long enough for just to tie back like a normal person.
I’ve made a deal with the Mrs once I get my body back into shape I will shave the beard off as she hates it, currently sitting in the waiting room for surgery, so that’s the first step to getting back into shape then I can get back to riding properly.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Just like the rest of my body I decided to just to let everything go, I trim the beard now and then to keep respectable for work. And yes I do have a man bun currently as it’s not long enough for just to tie back like a normal person.
I’ve made a deal with the Mrs once I get my body back into shape I will shave the beard off as she hates it, currently sitting in the waiting room for surgery, so that’s the first step to getting back into shape then I can get back to riding properly.
Hope all goes well.

cammas

Seamstress
LTIL - had my surgery today at our little hospital in Bacchus Marsh, so far I cannot praise the staff enough, had discussions with some of nurses and and anaesthetist around pain management, due to issues in the past and how stop that occurring again.
Surgery has gone well but (LTIH) I have woken up with pain not where they expected it, so they have booked in some tests for the morning and the surgeons assistant will go over it before I’m released tomorrow.
One thing my boss may not like is she has given me the next four weeks off, when I told them it may only be two. Luckily he’s a good bloke and will understand, hopefully.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
LTIL - had my surgery today at our little hospital in Bacchus Marsh, so far I cannot praise the staff enough, had discussions with some of nurses and and anaesthetist around pain management, due to issues in the past and how stop that occurring again.
Surgery has gone well but (LTIH) I have woken up with pain not where they expected it, so they have booked in some tests for the morning and the surgeons assistant will go over it before I’m released tomorrow.
One thing my boss may not like is she has given me the next four weeks off, when I told them it may only be two. Luckily he’s a good bloke and will understand, hopefully.
Sounds mostly positive. Hope the unexpected pain is just some referred pain/swelling, turns out to be nothing and settles quickly for you. I think it's pretty common to underestimate recovery time needed post-surgery, so boss is probably somewhat aware. But maybe give them a call in the coming days - "Bloody hell, they're telling me I might need 4 weeks to recover! I hope it doesn't take that long!" Because it's true, we always hope not - but better to let the body do it's thing IMO and go back when you're ready.

cammas

Seamstress
Sounds mostly positive. Hope the unexpected pain is just some referred pain/swelling, turns out to be nothing and settles quickly for you. I think it's pretty common to underestimate recovery time needed post-surgery, so boss is probably somewhat aware. But maybe give them a call in the coming days - "Bloody hell, they're telling me I might need 4 weeks to recover! I hope it doesn't take that long!" Because it's true, we always hope not - but better to let the body do it's thing IMO and go back when you're ready.
Yeah I will be erring on the side of caution, my boss is a good bloke, even when I took the day off on Tuesday from being sick I said “I didn’t want to be that person who takes a day off when they have a block of leave coming up”. He said health is the number one priority so he should be okay, it’s more the new site I just transferred to two weeks ago with the promotion I just got. As I’m part of the national team but site based as a brew planner and now team leader, luckily their new site manager is my last site manager as we both got the jobs at similar times, so he should understand.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
From my and my sister's experiences, surgeons" suggested recovery times are based on the assumption of a patient in considerably suboptimal general health & fitness. An otherwise fit & healthy patient will recover from a procedure a fair bit faster than a couch pilot whose only "exercise" is waddling to the fridge for another bev. When I had a knee job and my sis had a spinal job, both of our recoveries were well ahead of the suggested timeframe because of our fitness, and our bodies' resulting improved healing ability.

Short version, if you're in half-decent overall condition, your recovery can very well be faster than the surgeon's indication. If you're having complementary post-op therapy (physio or whatever), your therapist will be able to give a more informed assessment of recovery progress

cammas

Seamstress
Being released from hospital, they were worried about some groin pain, nothing like feeling you’ve taken a kick to the nuts but it should settle down. No lifting more than 5 kegs for 6 weeks and no driving for two weeks, hopefully I’ll be back on the bike by mid to end of September but I’m not rushing that, not stuffing it up due to riding withdrawals trails will a leave there. In other words I’ll have idle hands and will be posting crap on here till then, so look out for bad memes and dad jokes.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Being released from hospital, they were worried about some groin pain, nothing like feeling you’ve taken a kick to the nuts but it should settle down. No lifting more than 5 kegs for 6 weeks and no driving for two weeks, hopefully I’ll be back on the bike by mid to end of September but I’m not rushing that, not stuffing it up due to riding withdrawals trails will a leave there. In other words I’ll have idle hands and will be posting crap on here till then, so look out for bad memes and dad jokes.
Glad it went well apart from the nut kicking procedure. Call it a win if you could get back on the bike by spring time.