Project Car / Motorbike thread. Let's see 'em.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Have you torched the last one yet?
Let the rego lapse and parked it up. Still trying to sort out a warranty claim with the German parts seller that sent me the wrong flywheel as I’ll be hitting them for the cost of getting someone else to pull the gearbox to replace it…

ausdb

Being who he is
Mate has a workshop in Ballarat, sends me some quality home mekanik photos from time to time....but this is the best I've seen in a while.
Just remember there are cars out on the roads like this...
View attachment 390593
Not sure whats worse the cable ties or the pile of birdshit that is supposed to be welding attaching the mount to the diff housing?

rextheute

Likes Bikes and Dirt
That active aero is something else. Love seeing retro builds like that.

On the topic of projects, I was ->| |<- this close to buying a running Suzuki Across 250 4 cylinder this weekend. Someone got there before me. Gah!
Probably for the best though, got enough projects already.
Funny aside, I worked for Suzuki in the early 90’s when these were released and did the original tv adverts , - also the Rgv 250 ! And I have owned a ZXR250 - immense fun and very resilient .
Sound like a swarm of very angry bees !
Corner speed and don’t back off .

ps , this was almost/ over 20 yrs ago … hahaha - older I get faster I was

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur

Wordle for car nerds.
Wow, that doth not fuck around. The car I got I was eventually convinced was a Vauxhall VX220 turned out to be a Lotus Europa S. Eh? Not even Lotus remember they made that. Now I have to wait until tomorrow to play again sulking noises

Haakon

Wow, that doth not fuck around. The car I got I was eventually convinced was a Vauxhall VX220 turned out to be a Lotus Europa S. Eh? Not even Lotus remember they made that. Now I have to wait until tomorrow to play again sulking noises
Yeah, I went down the TVR rabbit hole on that for some reason....

Haakon

Mind you, the VX220 is basically a Lotus so you were sort of right...

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
I'm getting a bike itch. Last bike a few years ago was a modded Ninja 1000. Now THAT was fun. But I'm thinking a KTM 690 Duke R might be a lot of fun on the twistys to get to work in summer.......

Haakon

Pulled the timing belt off the fixer upper Megane I bought. Timing belt didn’t break, the plastic tensioner did and the belt skipped some teeth… And cut a nice hole in the belt cover!

This is why you replace the tensioners with the belt, the plastic times out like the belt… This was at 105K kms, but 15 years. Should be on its third belt/pulley set by now!

Must have been making a hell of a noise, and they get driving. Could have saved it if they stopped when it started screeching!

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
I have mellowed. Still reasonably confident in my abilities, less so of other road users to not be in the wrong spot at the wrong time.
My cousin has raced his mini for about 15 years. I took him out for some passenger laps at Lakeside. There were some rear grip issues. He claimed he was scared. I am not sure as it took me about 5 minutes to stop laughing.

Haakon

Pistons are ok, so I’ll just get another head from pickapart next week in Melbourne. Although would only be $500 or so to put new exhaust valves in and have them installed etc by a machine shop.