What does your day look like?

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
So wees making our way home now but still stopping off here and there along the way. A few months ago Qld Parks and Wildlife wrote a piece about stone stacking and asking people not to do it in National Parks, particularly in run off or waterways because the stacked stones allow the water to flow uninterrupted and also concentrates the flow which causes more erosion. The article said Rangers would remove the stacks and talk to anyone they see making them. The only permitted stacking was to mark trails and then only the minimum required, went on about tape etc to mark trails being removed too. Sounds fair.
I was in a Nat Park and sure enough next to a creek were a few of these shitty stone erections. They weren't marking a trail just an "I've been to Bali too" thing. So I walked up and kicked them all down and smoothed out the rocks. When I went back up some woman asked if I was pleased with myself for ruining her kids sculptures and that they had some spiritual meaning. I asked if she was aware QPaW is asking that people don't do this. Don't care it is spiritual. Ummm do you believe in God, Jesus, the bible etc. Got a fuck no! So I said but you believe this horseshit? And walked away.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
So wees making our way home now but still stopping off here and there along the way. A few months ago Qld Parks and Wildlife wrote a piece about stone stacking and asking people not to do it in National Parks, particularly in run off or waterways because the stacked stones allow the water to flow uninterrupted and also concentrates the flow which causes more erosion. The article said Rangers would remove the stacks and talk to anyone they see making them. The only permitted stacking was to mark trails and then only the minimum required, went on about tape etc to mark trails being removed too. Sounds fair.
I was in a Nat Park and sure enough next to a creek were a few of these shitty stone erections. They weren't marking a trail just an "I've been to Bali too" thing. So I walked up and kicked them all down and smoothed out the rocks. When I went back up some woman asked if I was pleased with myself for ruining her kids sculptures and that they had some spiritual meaning. I asked if she was aware QPaW is asking that people don't do this. Don't care it is spiritual. Ummm do you believe in God, Jesus, the bible etc. Got a fuck no! So I said but you believe this horseshit? And walked away.
She was just happy it shut her kids up for 10 minutes.

(She was probably secretly wishing you'd kicked the kids instead...)

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Got asked into work a little early today. Not much on so headed in after eating an amazing hamburger. My ride to work takes me over a little wooden pedestrian bridge. It is a popular spot for walking, fishing, cycling, being a jerk...and oh boy has it gotten slippery after all this fucking rain! I slowed up to work through the waddling crowd and whooosh! Fucking bike slips out, I go down, we slide about 3m into the balustrade, people are in shock...landing wasn't hard but I sure looked like a Jerry!

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Got asked into work a little early today. Not much on so headed in after eating an amazing hamburger. My ride to work takes me over a little wooden pedestrian bridge. It is a popular spot for walking, fishing, cycling, being a jerk...and oh boy has it gotten slippery after all this fucking rain! I slowed up to work through the waddling crowd and whooosh! Fucking bike slips out, I go down, we slide about 3m into the balustrade, people are in shock...landing wasn't hard but I sure looked like a Jerry!
If only you had clipless pedals and the shire had nailed chicken wire over the deck boards of the bridge. It’s like a human sized grater to the knees and elbows

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
If only you had clipless pedals and the shire had nailed chicken wire over the deck boards of the bridge. It’s like a human sized grater to the knees and elbows
But the chicken wire makes it non slip? Damn wood was slippery on the way home! The tide must have been pretty high tonight, a lot of the bridge has been underwater.

Flow-Rider

Burner

That's how I ended up breaking ribs years ago, not once but twice. One was a hardwood wall ride berm the other was a steep slope skinny bridge covered in dirt from the hardcore enduro bro skidding the fuck out of everything.