Trifox Rigid Fork

RastaRuss

Likes Dirt
Anyone had any experience with the Trifox 29er rigid fork ?
Or suggest an alternative ?
Gravel bike, very occasional light trail use

creaky

XMAS Plumper
It seems to include a through Alex with the fork, so what could go wrong?

I doubt you’ll find any or enough direct experience with an obscure product like that on Rotorburn. Does it show up with mentions at all in international forums like MTBR?

If not, then you’re left with what really is a very personal call on whether spending a bit more on a better known / proven carbon will be worthwhile for your peace of mind ie are you relaxed about it or will ‘am I going to die’ thoughts affect your the first several months of riding it?

Personally I’d be looking at Carbonda, Light Bicycle etc. for comparative pricing just cause they are more recognised names. The one you mention may well come from the same production line but you just don’t know.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Trifox were quite active on MTBR, but the only real point of any of their posts was marketing. Pretty in depth mansplaining of pretty basic cycling concepts, all done via google translate. No actual discussion about any of their products.

Ackland

chats d'élevage
I bought a tideace one on ebay and have had it drilled for rivnuts.

No issues

@Shorsau had a warranty fork kicking around a few months back

Shorsau

Likes Dirt
I bought a tideace one on ebay and have had it drilled for rivnuts.

No issues

@Shorsau had a warranty fork kicking around a few months back
I ended up leaving that one with the supplier @Ackland. Only suggestion from me might be to either grab a fork with an alloy steerer, or an extended compression plug that strengthens a carbon steerer into the head tube..as per @Ackland's suggestion.

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
With carbon you either buy new cheap Chinese and take your chances or a better quality name brand .
I went for used Giant except its OD2, a pain.

Halo1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
With carbon you either buy new cheap Chinese and take your chances or a better quality name brand .
I went for used Giant except its OD2, a pain.
I love that mid air feeling when you hit a drop with a carbon fork and you wonder if it will be that forks last ride. I swapped one out on my HT and ride it for a different challenge.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
I love that mid air feeling when you hit a drop with a carbon fork and you wonder if it will be that forks last ride. I swapped one out on my HT and ride it for a different challenge.
Equally:
I love that mid air feeling when you hit a drop with a carbon fork and you wonder if it will be your wrists last time functioning.

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
Equally:
I love that mid air feeling when you hit a drop with a carbon fork and you wonder if it will be your wrists last time functioning.
Or:
I love that mid air feeling when you hit a drop with a carbon fork and you wonder how Yeti's share price is going.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Or:
I love that mid air feeling when you hit a drop with a carbon fork and you wonder how Yeti's share price is going.
You don't ride gravel with a full-face and a mouth-guard in?

On topic - I have a Bombtrack carbon fork on my gravel bike. Externally the build quality looks good, but inside the steerer looked pretty average. Not faulty as such, just a bit messy with the lay-up (the plastic bladder was still in it FFS...). I wouldn't want to send drops on it, but it has held up to some overly-enthusiastic (poorly judged?) riding over repeat babyhead rocks - which was pretty punishing with 44c tyres so my confidence in the strength of the fork is now good. Annoyingly it came without a steerer plug or axle which was pretty disappointing, but it was mentioned in the spec-sheet of the fork on the Bombtrack website (I should have checked) , and luckily it takes a standard size RockShox Boost axle. Steerer plug was a PITA though, it's a thicker-walled steerer/smaller ID than what the steerer plugs typically available will fit into. I ended up bonding a tapped aluminium insert into mine, but I imagine that what not suit everyone's needs, haha.

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
No way I would do any drops with a carbon fork this is for a gravel bike.