Live Music Thread

indica

Serial flasher
Saw the Jezebels the other night playing the album Prisoner, wow, so good and tight. Haley has such an amazing voice.

The week before that we saw Horrorshow which was such fun.

A few weeks before that was Missy Higgins > again, great show, lots of banter, old tunes mixed in with the new, it was great.

A few weeks before that was Andy C serving up a solid 2 1/2 hour of mayhem.

A few weeks before that was Carl Cox amongst others with an epic show in the Valley.

sane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So good to see people getting out and seeing gigs again.

We’ve been to a few lately and this one stood out for different reasons. Saw Screamfeeder in Melb and they were playing in Adl the night after. My partner got stuck into my sister, insisting she get off the couch and check them out, (she whinges about bands never playing in Adl). Turns out it worked and was the sister’s first gig in 3.5 years. Great night had by all, both sides of the border.

So a couple of diehards and myself up the back were yelling out for an old song they probably haven’t played in years. Didn’t happen in Melb as expected, but the night after Adalita, who was supporting, got up and sang it with them.

Kinda ripped off about missing that track, but it was so good to get someone else out, remembering how good live music can be.

…and of course it’s on you tube already

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
Think I’ve only caught two gigs since Covid arrived. One was a bunch of local death metal bands that was actually pretty good (a now defunct band Solum the highlight). The other WAMI hall of famer Dom Mariani's Datura4, which was quality but the supporting acts were abysmal.

Looking forward to D.A.D. and Soilwork later in the year. Also have tickets to GNR that the family gave me for my birthday. Will probably take the 9yr old along with me for his first concert experience.

indica

Serial flasher
Had London Grammar tickets - cancelled.
Snoop Dogg tickets - postponed, I'm waiting for the cancel.

Also have tickets to GNR that the family gave me for my birthday.
Be interesting to see how that is.

Think I’ve only caught two gigs since Covid arrived.
I've been to heaps.
Jimmy Barnes - was amazing.
Big Pineapple - saw Alison Wonderland, Peking Duk, Thelma Plum (all great), Hooligan Hefs (daft, fuckwits too) and several others.
Confidence Man - great show, going again soon.
Quite a few club nights too,

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
Be interesting to see how that is.
Expectations are low to be honest. “They” were horrific during the Chinese Democracy tour, but were actually pretty good when I saw them in 2017 with Slash back. Heard mixed reports about them live lately.

Will be an experience to remember with the little fella at least, he doesn’t mind them.

sane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Had London Grammar tickets - cancelled.
Snoop Dogg tickets - postponed, I'm waiting for the cancel.
The endless postponement of gigs has become comical.
We bought tickets for Fontaines dc at the beginning of Covid times. Postponed again and again and again. They’ve released not 1 but 2 albums in the meantime

indica

Serial flasher
The endless postponement of gigs has become comical.
We had Stormzy tickets..... for just after Fatboy Slim, when covid kicked off. Only recently got a refund. It's hard to keep throwing money at things.

sane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
We had Stormzy tickets..... for just after Fatboy Slim, when covid kicked off. Only recently got a refund. It's hard to keep throwing money at things.
Most of ours have been postponed rather than refunded, repeatedly. Tricky time, but man we’ve had some money tied up in tickets over the past couple of years.
Don’t mean for this to be a whinge, will be great when they come together.

slowmick

38-39"
RHCP - worst gig ever. Edging out Alice in Chains and I actually left that one before the end it was so bad.

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
Red Hot Chili Peppers incoming..... I'm well keen
I was surprised how good their last concert in Perth was, back in 2019. I thought The Getaway was one of their better albums for a long time and Klinghoffer was amazing. Be nice to see them again with Frusciente back but not sure I can bring myself to pony up the dollars for decent tickets this time.

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I used to see so much live music prior to kids (5,2,2)
Have only seen a select few since.

This year my only confirmed gig is Big Thief in November but hopefully I can sneak one or two more in prior to that