Confessions from the fuckwits

Live2DieTrying

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Shopping for a new chain for the DH bike,
Maybe a more expensive chain will shift better...
I notice that higher end Shimano 10spd chains are directional.
I wonder if the HG54 on there is too... It is,, and I have been riding with mine fitted backwards!

Only riding 10spd for at least 5 years, and never once occurred to me to check the chain direction!!

Edit: I should check the other 3 bikes running 10spd

Last edited:

crash3

Likes Dirt
Shopping for a new chain for the DH bike,
Maybe a more expensive chain will shift better...
I notice that higher end Shimano 10spd chains are directional.
I wonder if the HG54 on there is too... It is,, and I have been riding with mine fitted backwards!

Only riding 10spd for at least 5 years, and never once occurred to me to check the chain direction!!
This reminds me of some Fuckwittery I haven't shared yet.
Recently took a few weeks off work, for a holiday the first week, then to get some shit done at home for the following two. End of my first week at home I though "I've gotten heaps done, I'll go for a ride as a reward to myself". Nope, chain is rusted solid.

I could have sworn I'd cleaned, WD40'd the cassette and lubed my chain after the last post ride wash. I guess not.

birddog69

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So excited! Got the new frame, spent the last week building it up and finished last night ready for a ride this morning. I was out in the shed checking everything over for the shakedown ride. Off I go with a few hex wrenches and my shock pump in a bum bag. Had to stop here and there to adjust this or that. Get home after 16 km ride feeling pretty good, thinking about the few tweaks the bike would need. Rolling towards the shed and..hey! What's this; no bite on the front brake. Pull up to the doors to look and see this:

Have a look in the shed on the bench and, lo and behold..the bolt and clip calmly waiting for their turn to go for a ride. Fark, that was lucky.

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
been getting a few pedal strikes lately that I'd put down to sloppy riding. It culminated with hitting a root so hard the other weekend that it put a deadstop to my bike. In an attempt to stop myself going OTB (sucess btw), i took the whole hit in the arms which traveled through to the rest of my body. Worst hit was my neck and the helmet clasp hit me in the throat so hard i thought I'd done some damage. Definite whiplash, had a bit of a vom on the sid eof the trail as had an instant headache from the impact.

After that passed, continued on the ride. Kept hitting pedals on rollers and shit that it just occured to me that th ebik emust be sitting really low in the suspension.

Got home, checked the pressures - half of what they should be in both fork and shock. It then occurred to me i had not checked the pressure for probably +6 months or more.

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
been getting a few pedal strikes lately that I'd put down to sloppy riding. It culminated with hitting a root so hard the other weekend that it put a deadstop to my bike. In an attempt to stop myself going OTB (sucess btw), i took the whole hit in the arms which traveled through to the rest of my body. Worst hit was my neck and the helmet clasp hit me in the throat so hard i thought I'd done some damage. Definite whiplash, had a bit of a vom on the sid eof the trail as had an instant headache from the impact.

After that passed, continued on the ride. Kept hitting pedals on rollers and shit that it just occured to me that th ebik emust be sitting really low in the suspension.

Got home, checked the pressures - half of what they should be in both fork and shock. It then occurred to me i had not checked the pressure for probably +6 months or more.
Time for coils?

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
I'm just genuinely impressed i managed to not go OTB. Was a pretty big hit. I thought it crushed the cartilage in my throat. It now make a crunchy noise when i move it around that im not sure was there before (on account of not needing to move it around to check it before), but there is no pain after the initial hit, so i guess I'm good?

Freediver

I can go full Karen
I've got a friend that lives out in Warrandyte which is a fair hike from my place and I took the sunny day on Wednesday to ride out to her place which is more distance than I've done in a long time and left me feeling pretty sore. She rang up this morning to see how I was doing and told her I'd recovered apart from a rather uncomfortable saddle sore, she's not a cyclist and asked what that was. I carefully held my tackle out of the pic and sent her one, Her name starts with E, one of my mates names starts with D. I'm pretty clumsy on the phone.