Tour De Farkin 2023 - Starts Sat 1st July

creaky

XMAS Plumper
So:
  1. Pick a team to stick with unless someone is obviously off form, then swap 'em out.
  2. Change the 'Stage Winner Bonus' daily, or just leave it as Wout Van Aert for the whole race if lazy.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
So:
  1. Pick a team to stick with unless someone is obviously off form, then swap 'em out.
  2. Change the 'Stage Winner Bonus' daily, or just leave it as Wout Van Aert for the whole race if lazy.
Yes, you can do but I will look at mine everyday as I usually watch every stage except the last one in Paris.

I'll swap GC men in after stage 5 and I'll swap my 'Stage Winner' each day too.

So you can have more than one 'leader' yeah? Pretty sprint and all rounder focussed there @ozzybmx
Yeah, I gave you the colours on purpose... on round 1, everyone usually has about 5 riders the same.

A few good swaps and good stage winner choice can rake in decent points.

The 'Stage winner' gets double points no matter where they come, so say WVA is consistently in the front group on sprints and hilly stages, he coining in good points daily.

ozzybmx

1:40 minutes till lockout.

5 entered, get them teams in before it too late.

ozzybmx

Dramas, rain on the ITT, was meant to be later.

Favourite - Bissegger on the deck twice already :oops:

Last edited:

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Sooo …. Sleek Buns in the RB yellow jersey for the day I see. Word is he may have lucked his way into the full top 5 for the TT o_O

ozzybmx

Sooo …. Sleek Buns in the RB yellow jersey for the day I see. Word is he may have lucked his way into the full top 5 for the TT o_O
Lampaert ???

Where the hell did he come from. Great pickin !

I traded out Pog yesterday to get another sprinter in there, trying to minimise my trades as we dont know who is going to be the dominant sprinter, dominant green (prob WVA if he is allowed), climbers etc...

Its a game of 'who gets the double points' selection.

If Yves had the double badge last night, you would be 500pts ahead instead of 200 :oops:

EDIT: I scored 99 points for the TT time, only 3 seconds out.

Last edited:

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Where the hell did he come from. Great pickin !
I put him in as a bit of a cheapy for breakaways in the first few stages, but he did the right thing by me. Had Ganna for the double pointer.

Will probably not change too much tonight aside from the double pointer.

ozzybmx

I put him in as a bit of a cheapy for breakaways in the first few stages, but he did the right thing by me. Had Ganna for the double pointer.

Will probably not change too much tonight aside from the double pointer.
Same.

We all think we know who is going to be in the mix, its who gets the double bubble :)

ozzybmx

Yes Ewan didn't have great results coming up to the tour, thought that can change.

Suprised to see Sagan in 5th after his 3rd bout of covid.

Thought MVP would have done better so far.

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
Early days, but yes Ewan has been a concern all year.

Stoked to see Sagan halving a resurgence. He will never be what he was, but great to see him up in the mix. Love me a good rouleur.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
So team EPO has mounted a come back in Stage 2.

My man Lampaert sacrificed himself in the lead out.
Not sure that Ewan is going to be a factor.
Ewan had a horrible crash in last year's Tour, and a lowish speed stack in an uphill finish at the Giro that might have caused an injury that led him to abandon the Giro. I would love to see him grab a stage or two, but I read that his usual lead-out guy missed the tour with an injury.

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
Ewan had a horrible crash in last year's Tour, and a lowish speed stack in an uphill finish at the Giro that might have caused an injury that led him to abandon the Giro. I would love to see him grab a stage or two, but I read that his usual lead-out guy missed the tour with an injury.
He has had good success styling a lot of his wins on McEwan's method. The, I have no team so I'm going to parasitise the other lead outs. But yes, crashes and niggles have hamstrung his form, sadly.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
That was a tight finish for stage 3,
and also nothing more than a Bee's genitals on stage points between Myself, Aero Buns and EPO.