Bargain buys thread

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Can confirm these are great knee pads too
My boys both ride them, second pair for both of them too, their first pairs lasted about 2 years but they were pretty manky by the time they got their new ones.
They donated the old ones to a couple of their mates who were riding without... wouldn't like to see/smell them now.

I tried a pair of theirs on last week before placing a BC order and added a set for myself. They feel to have better protection than my POC Systems.

$57 cant go wrong.

birddog69

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Not sure if I have covid adjusted prices, but this seems like there are some cheapies for grabs. All 29ers for me so no dice.

I saw those this morning. Those discounts on the Giant bikes are what I received in July, 2019 when I bought my Trance 29. Didn't think I would see those prices for awhile.

ozzybmx

I saw those this morning. Those discounts on the Giant bikes are what I received in July, 2019 when I bought my Trance 29. Didn't think I would see those prices for awhile.
On of the local shops here advertised about 6 x Norco Sights that were in stock from C1 to A2.

That's been unheard of since mid 2020.

Maybe we have turned the corner.

Get ready for deals and choices again ? :)

birddog69

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I reckon the flow on effect on the used bike market is going to be epic. Holding out still haha
I would be happy to do that. I have been looking aroung for a new(ish) frame for a while. I will be off riding for a few months with no time to look at bikes so...maybe.. when we return in the spring we will have turned the corner.

Calvin27

Eats Squid
I would be happy to do that. I have been looking aroung for a new(ish) frame for a while. I will be off riding for a few months with no time to look at bikes so...maybe.. when we return in the spring we will have turned the corner.
Rekon the parts situation could still be dire though. Haven't seen gruppos or brakes for mad prices yet ,let alone in massive stock.

ozzybmx

I rekon the flow on effect on the used bike market is going to be epic. Holding out still haha
Good timing, my 2 will be needing large bikes soon.

Houses now not selling themselves either.

Waiting for an abundance of 2nd hand cars at normal prices as my boys will also be driving soon.

Parasite car salesmen having to sell a vehicle rather that getting full retail with a 2 year wait.

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
Macpac also has Marino jocks at 2 for $60.

95% of my rides are done with a pair of these antibacterial seamless wonders on.

Considering a shitty pair of KMart Bonds are ~$20 a pair.
Anything made from wool brings back bad childhood memories from being forced to wear the itchiest goddam trousers on the planet every Sunday morning…..jocks made from this is next level :eek: you must have a incredibly robust notcha.

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
Anything made from wool brings back bad childhood memories from being forced to wear the itchiest goddam trousers on the planet every Sunday morning…..jocks made from this is next level :eek: you must have a incredibly robust notcha.
Macpac is like nothing else on earth, although I haven't worn reg grundy's of any flavour for a long time.

Considering how other macpac marino feels, I imagine this would be like the gentle embrace of a gossamer angel.

Definitely not like those school footy jumpers they used to torture us with.

ozzybmx

The Aarn jumper auntie knitted EVERY Christmas and mum made you wear it when auntie came to visit :p