All my Aliexpress MTB purchases reviewed.

Coopz

Likes Dirt

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Update on the "Sunshine" 11s cassette. Been working well, I have 664km on it now.

It did develop a bit of a clickity/creak in the largest two cogs which I think I have now sorted. There are 3 long screws holding 9 of the 11 cogs together, when changing the cassette over to a different wheel I noticed they were loose.

Tightened them back up with some loctite on the threads. Proper test ride pending, but that seems to have silenced it.

View attachment 390130
Can confirm the "clickety/creak" has disappeared at least on the couple of short steep pinches I rode up this arvo near home.

Derailleur shift changes are also improved.

Who would've thunk it :p

The $80 Ali-special hub didn't explode either, but hopefully I'll get an actual mtb ride in this week to properly test it out.

Switch

huskier headed gent
Has anybody purchased an internal cable routing tool from Ali? Have plenty of Park Tool things but $130 for the cable routing kits seems a bit excessive.

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Has anybody purchased an internal cable routing tool from Ali? Have plenty of Park Tool things but $130 for the cable routing kits seems a bit excessive.
After buying the actual Park kit.. yeah just get the Ali version. Looking at the photos they're basically the same thing (minus the plastic sleeving for some versions). The Park kit is literally just sleeved/coated gear cables with neodymium magnets heatshrunk onto the end.

crash3

Likes Dirt

zooks

Likes Dirt
Installed this guy last night:
Ztto Mtb Dropper Seat Post Lever Bicycle Seatpost Remote Controller Adjustable Handle Bearing Mechanical Universal Shifter Style - Bicycle Seat Post - AliExpress
Seems pretty well made, feels a bit better than Trans-X one that came stock on my Polygon T7, and much easier to install. Needed a bit of adjustment from the get-go to engage properly, though that could also be my not pulling the cable tight enough.
Thanks! Added to me wish list for future

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Ztto Mtb Dropper Seat Post Lever Bicycle Seatpost Remote Controller Adjustable Handle Bearing Mechanical Universal Shifter Style - Bicycle Seat Post - AliExpress
Seems pretty well made, feels a bit better than Trans-X one that came stock on my Polygon T7, and much easier to install. Needed a bit of adjustment from the get-go to engage properly, though that could also be my not pulling the cable tight enough.
They are a great lever. Been running one for about a year now.

gippyz

Likes Dirt
Eh just watch the bolt that locks/tightens the cable. I rounded a couple already. They are as soft as butter.

I'm using this one these days (after snapping two v1 OneUp levers, they are utter crap): https://www.aliexpress.com/i/4001045932632.html

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out