Newly Released Suspension & Components General

northvanguy

Likes Dirt
Personally I think a 28" ultra boost (18x117 axle) front wheel would offer the playfulness of a 27.5 with the rollover ability of a 29er but with added lateral stiffness... Anyone else?

I can't believe the bike industry isn't all over this already. It's not like we'd be re inventing the wheel or anything.
Maybe you're in luck if you check Bike24!

Rorschach

Didnt pay $250 for this custom title
Personally I think a 28" ultra boost (18x117 axle) front wheel would offer the playfulness of a 27.5 with the rollover ability of a 29er but with added lateral stiffness... Anyone else?

I can't believe the bike industry isn't all over this already. It's not like we'd be re inventing the wheel or anything.
Would also sort out my number OCD. Needs to be an even number, unless its a 4 or 6 in which case round up/down to 5

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
28 inch wide rim is going to be ultra phat!

I'm waiting for the return of 110x20mm axles. He true problem solver.

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
Yes, bring back 20mm so I can offload the 20mm centrelock rotor I bought by mistake!

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Thankfully the industry has been relatively quiet on the development of new standards since Covid hit.
Oath it has. The biggest development happening lately is a new colour for an existing frame.

Only due to supply chain issues, I'll bet!
Yeah, cant even supply current shit, why retool for new stuff you cant even meet current demands !

Why go to a new hub standard on a frame you cant supply, when hub manufacturers also cant even supply the current 148mm.

Enjoy the couple of years grace, it wont last.

Superboost and new wheel size incoming :D

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Superboost on 36" wheels for the win....Errr.........
Until then it will be more of the usual 0.5 degree this way and 2mm that way which has to make to podium times faster.

Thye could also be fresh out of ideas needed to impress the cynical bunch of punters that we inevitably end up being a bit more each year :D

goobags

Likes Dirt
I made it as far as

“and with the added stress placed on the fork by these heavy machines”

They’re a few kegs heavier, the riders however tend to be many more KGs heavier than me. Maybe that’s the reason e-bike forks are under more stress.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Isn’t that a re-badged DT Swiss dropper? Will need to article I guess.
Dunno but expect to see shorter drop and lighter posts over the next few years after Matej Mohorics descent in the San Remo. They banned the supertuck, he swapped out his aero custom painted Merida with an aero shaped seatpost for the new Scultura with a round post, just so he could run a 60mm Fox Transfer.

Took the stage win on the descent of the Poggio.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Dunno but expect to see shorter drop and lighter posts over the next few years after Matej Mohorics descent in the San Remo. They banned the supertuck, he swapped out his aero custom painted Merida with an aero shaped seatpost for the new Scultura with a round post, just so he could run a 60mm Fox Transfer.

Took the stage win on the descent of the Poggio.

View attachment 390735
I knew there was a downside to roadies converting to disc brakes - they're infiltrating Rotorburn! :eek: