The QUICK question thread.....

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
I am absolutely anal about a silent bike
+1. I very occasionally get a weird click from the headtube of one of my bikes. It's very rare and nothing to worry about....

....and yet I still kinda want to disassemble the front end to see what it is / get rid of it / make it worse probably.

A silent bike is a good bike.

birddog69

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Ti anti-sieze paste? Any Ti riders out there used it? Good/no good? Or as You Tube reviewers like to ask "worth it?".

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Ti anti-sieze paste? Any Ti riders out there used it? Good/no good? Or as You Tube reviewers like to ask "worth it?".
Do you mean Copper anti-seize? If so, yes I've used the Muc-off stuff. It's a good anti-seize and it can be used with carbon to prevent galvanic corrosion as well.

But I've also used Castrol marine grease and Shimano anti-seize with no problems as well. I wouldn't trust a lithium or PTFE based grease though.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
I have used it on all of the GT Xizang's Ti to whatever metal interfaces. Nothing has stuck together yet or look like it has turned to galvanised metal powder.

I have used the FinishLine Ti prep and now have a larger tube of Penrite copper lube from an auto shop. It mentions that it is designed to prevent galvanic nasties.

birddog69

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Thanks. I saw something about it and wondered if I should use it on BB's etc. I have used good waterproof grease for now. Also, having a bit of trouble getting the seat post to grip and thought it might help to stop from slipping like carbon paste. Don't want to crank it down too hard.

Litenbror

Eats Squid
Thanks. I saw something about it and wondered if I should use it on BB's etc. I have used good waterproof grease for now. Also, having a bit of trouble getting the seat post to grip and thought it might help to stop from slipping like carbon paste. Don't want to crank it down too hard.
It could be the seat post collar. It came with the frame but I never actually used it.