All my Aliexpress MTB purchases reviewed.

komdotkom

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Good to hear ! Keep an eye on the km's and let us know.

I'm having a bit of an experiment myself with the YBN chains, got all the starting kms wrote on the garage whiteboard where we keep track of suspension servicing, chain change dates, suspension pressures and now chain change distance.

Will be interesting to see whether the extra $$$ was worth the outlay.
Fitted the first one this arvo, didn't explode so that's a start. Will ride tomorrow and see how it goes, but shift well in the driveway, better than the xtr which came off
I don't track my kms though so no much good to you

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
I don't track my kms though so no much good to you
Me neither but logging rides against my new Spur alerted me to the Shimano chain that came on it from new was a full 0.75mm stretch at 1500km.

Now got a bit of interest in the new chains I have fitted to all bikes.

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
And the Sunshine 11s 11-46t is this one below.

Must've just been lucky, but no adjustment apart from a barrel tweak. An actual mtb ride tomorrow arvo so we'll see how it goes on hills...

AU $19.54 48%OFF | SUNSHINE MTB Cassette 8 9 10 11 12 Speed Flywheel 36T 40T 42T 46T 50T 52T Mountain Bike Freewheel 11S Sprocket for Shimano HG
Update on the "Sunshine" 11s cassette. Been working well, I have 664km on it now.

It did develop a bit of a clickity/creak in the largest two cogs which I think I have now sorted. There are 3 long screws holding 9 of the 11 cogs together, when changing the cassette over to a different wheel I noticed they were loose.

Tightened them back up with some loctite on the threads. Proper test ride pending, but that seems to have silenced it.

Last edited:

Flow-Rider

Burner
I'm having some problems with the Sinyou postage that Ali uses, both separate items have been stuck in customs, and one of them has been there for over a month.

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
Update on the "Sunshine" 11s cassette. Been working well, I have 664km on it now.

It did develop a bit of a clickity/creak in the largest two cogs which I think I have now sorted. There are 3 long screws holding 9 of the 11 cogs together, when changing the cassette over to a different wheel I noticed they were loose.

Tightened them back up with some loctite on the threads. Proper test ride pending, but that seems to have silenced it.

View attachment 390130
Thanks for the heads up with this!
I checked the one I've got on my husband's commuter and one of the the screws had undone entirely and fell out when I took the cassette off the freehub. I've also applied Loctite to the threads now.

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
"I hear ya', brother" said the slow learner from the naughty corner.
Same :(
I bought 2 chains from an eBay seller. Both were reading .75 with a chain checker straight out of the packet. Of course I didn't realise this until many months later when I actually needed them.
The YBN chain from Ali that somebody linked not long ago was fine though.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
The YBN chain from Ali that somebody linked not long ago was fine though.
Thats good !

I am now running YBN on all bikes, all came from the Aus importer, price is ok if they last the said 7000km with hot wax as lube.

Have kept all the genuine packaging to use as a comparo if I ever buy one from a questionable seller.

My last genuine Shimano lasted only 1500km to a clear 0.75.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Both of my 10sp YBN SLA chains from Ali have been fine so far (259kms & 207kms) and I load them up all the time. I just noticed the other day that the rollers were a little rusty but the links remained rust-free after the last wet ride, but I get that with XT chains also.