Little Things You Hate

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Ahh yes bmw oil leaks

Oil leak behind alternator.

8 buck buna-n dog bone shaped gasket that goes hard and fails. 10 hours workshop time.

The silly fuckers hedged their bets each way with water cooling or oil cooling the embedded alternator in the n62 block. The alternator bracket seals to the oil system with a 8 buck gasket that goes hard. No viton or silicon aftermarket’s available.

Only comes second to every valve stem seal being fucked. 80 bucks in seals. 20 hours of you use the tool for compressing valve springs with engine in car. Dealer drains owners pockets with engine out, heads off 15-20k jobs. Hence the 90% depreciation on BMW’s

If you can’t fix yourself, only own a bmw inside warranty.

Jpez

Down on the left!
Ending up with a billion keys on your key ring and only able to indefinitely about 3 besides your obvious car and house key!
And then you decide to do a key cull but you can’t bear to chuck them out because what if?! What if some of those keys are really important or something so you put them on a seperate key ring in your junk drawer along with about 2 or 3 other key rings of unidentified keys from who the fuck know as well from past key culls!

PJO

in me vL comy
Ending up with a billion keys on your key ring and only able to indefinitely about 3 besides your obvious car and house key!
And then you decide to do a key cull but you can’t bear to chuck them out because what if?! What if some of those keys are really important or something so you put them on a seperate key ring in your junk drawer along with about 2 or 3 other key rings of unidentified keys from who the fuck know as well from past key culls!
Yep, even still have an old car key from a car I haven't owned for 14years. Not really sure why it's in the drawer...

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
I'm finding mainland cash doesn't go as far here as you'd hope... Stuff is expensive here!
I know it is AND I have noticed it getting more expensive over the few years I have been heading over there. The mainland cash I speak of is keeping me comfortable currently, bumping my super and will have mortgages paid off at 56, I want to retire at 56 or 57. Then I can live anywhere in Aus without working.

A big thing we noticed at xmas 2021 was the amount of new dual cab utes with Tassie plates (not taking the piss here either Mr Tradie Ute fan), Tassie was full of old HiLux's and Falcon utes, next thing there is an explosion of new Rangers and Prados.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
I know it is AND I have noticed it getting more expensive over the few years I have been heading over there. The mainland cash I speak of is keeping me comfortable currently, bumping my super and will have mortgages paid off at 56, I want to retire at 56 or 57. Then I can live anywhere in Aus without working.

A big thing we noticed at xmas 2021 was the amount of new dual cab utes with Tassie plates (not taking the piss here either Mr Tradie Ute fan), Tassie was full of old HiLux's and Falcon utes, next thing there is an explosion of new Rangers and Prados.
Fkn transplanted mainlanders. :p

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Lots of taswegians have I suspect cashed in on the real estate boom and moved out of town...

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Lots of taswegians have I suspect cashed in on the real estate boom and moved out of town...
Even out of town is getting up there... thought out-out is still cheap, plenty of <$50k blocks still available around Rosebury/Waratah area.

I know a bloke who just bough one last year and is building a little wooden shed on it to camp at when he visits.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Ahh yes bmw oil leaks

Oil leak behind alternator.

8 buck buna-n dog bone shaped gasket that goes hard and fails. 10 hours workshop time.

The silly fuckers hedged their bets each way with water cooling or oil cooling the embedded alternator in the n62 block. The alternator bracket seals to the oil system with a 8 buck gasket that goes hard. No viton or silicon aftermarket’s available.

Only comes second to every valve stem seal being fucked. 80 bucks in seals. 20 hours of you use the tool for compressing valve springs with engine in car. Dealer drains owners pockets with engine out, heads off 15-20k jobs. Hence the 90% depreciation on BMW’s

If you can’t fix yourself, only own a bmw inside warranty.
What doesn't leak on a BMW? :D

rextheute

Likes Bikes and Dirt
On my offsides E46 - front crank seal weeps…leaks
brake clean and oil on sale is going to be cheaper than repairing .
but a 20 yrs old and 250 ,000 km it’s a great train car .
plus she loves it , hit a roo the other night .glancing blow , needed a mirror .
Red car now has green mirrors!

link1896

Mr Greenfield
What doesn't leak on a BMW? :D

View attachment 390525
When I first bought mine and had it on a mates lift he yells out

“Come quick look at this , faaaaaaark”

Expecting to see he’s found something sinister, with a big shit eating grin he is acting all confused

“Where is the oil leak?. I can’t find it. It’s a factory standard fitment, it was never been an option because they allllllll do it”

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
I've had some lights in my cart at my direct for a few weeks now waiting for them to go on sale. Finally pulled the trigger on Saturday because a mate needs his forks rebuilt and I added the seals to the cart.

Tuesday rolls along, the lights are 20% off

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk