Any Zwifters out there?

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Ohhhh..... https://zwiftalizer.com/upload

Analyse your Bluetooth and ANT+ performance.

Folders: Documents - Zwift - Logs

The drop the log file in there, it apparently gives you an analysis of your connections from the trainer to computer.

I added 2 x 5m active (powered) USB extension cables for my Bluetooth and ANT+.

Thinking my cadence is not as smooth and noticed in a downhill sprint that went really abnormally high, now looks like my max cadence was 198.

This was not the case with the 2m non powered USB extension cable.

Will move the dongles around and then try the non powered for the Bluetooth connection.

Not exactly having problems, more looking at it as optimising what I have.

It going to work better with one or the other of the leads, will run a few rides and use the Zwiftalizer program to work out what works best.

ozzybmx

So a bit of a rough look at this zwiftilizer seems to back up what I was thinking. My HRM had no glitches or drops while using ANT+ on the powered extension. So this was a steadier connection on the powered 5m lead.

My Bluetooth worked slightly better on the unpowered short lead but might just need to be moved from where I had it.

The connections and ride are as they should be, it just the cadence that doesnt seem to be seamless or as responsive as it was.

Will move the BT dongle and jump on for a spin later.

Pics, top with powered leads, bottom without. Too small to read here but you get the idea.

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
So a bit of a rough look at this zwiftilizer seems to back up what I was thinking. My HRM had no glitches or drops while using ANT+ on the powered extension. So this was a steadier connection on the powered 5m lead.

My Bluetooth worked slightly better on the unpowered short lead but might just need to be moved from where I had it.

The connections and ride are as they should be, it just the cadence that doesnt seem to be seamless or as responsive as it was.

Will move the BT dongle and jump on for a spin later.

Pics, top with powered leads, bottom without. Too small to read here but you get the idea.

View attachment 390485
View attachment 390486
Don't know for certain, but think there may have been some glitches in recent updates. Cadence being out of whack, and power not registering correctly, have been issues I have heard and experienced.

ozzybmx

Don't know for certain, but think there may have been some glitches in recent updates. Cadence being out of whack, and power not registering correctly, have been issues I have heard and experienced.
Good to know !

While poking around for some info on what may be doing it, I found that I had a firmware update to do to my trainer, so installed that an hour ago.

To be honest I'm not sure its an issue but I seen my cadence glitch to 190 and was noticing a delay in registering a faster cadence. Was hoping that moving the BT dongle will sort this out.

Was a bit miffed when I watched a few videos last night and its a common thing that the Saris reads 5-10% under for power on progressive climbs... man I need that 5% to get me under the <1hr Alpe.

ozzybmx

Anyhow, made up a phone holder as I now need the companion app for certain things, still got a mouse to navigate menus on bike but I don't have a keyboard in front of the bike anymore.

Fits between the aerobars so they can still be used, far enough forward to miss sweat and doesn't impede the view of the main screen.

...and before some smartass points out, aerobars are of no use aerodynamically on a indoor trainer, they are comfortable additional position.

rockmoose

I think it's a good thing. It's all just numbers in a game, but if it's actually making you 5-10% faster in real life, how is that a bad thing?

ozzybmx

I think it's a good thing. It's all just numbers in a game, but if it's actually making you 5-10% faster in real life, how is that a bad thing?
Technically it is, we will be 5-10% faster outside.... but that doesnt get me up the Alpe du faux in sub one... and I dont need to be 5-10% faster outside :)

rockmoose

Technically it is, we will be 5-10% faster outside.... but that doesnt get me up the Alpe du faux in sub one... and I dont need to be 5-10% faster outside :)
50-55 minutes is where it's at. Does that mean I can already claim my sub hour badge?

ozzybmx

Only you have a secret way of calibrating the H3's discrepancy 5% in a 'favourable' direction.

Do you use Zwift or Saris for calibration ? Hot or cold ?

ozzybmx

You don't actually know it's out though do you? Would be interesting to test if power meters grew on trees.
No I don't and it doesn't really matter anyway.

Consistently online, all the reviewers who run these tests eg GP Lama, DC Rainmaker and make these programs/software to analyse all trainer performance and behaviours say on an incline, the Saris always reads 5-10% below a calibrated power metre.

ozzybmx

If you want to borrow the kickr for a test just let me know @ozzybmx
Thanks but all good, just gotta run what I brung.

That was my introduction to smart trainers, we borrowed a V1 KickR from a friend of my son as he went away for a 2 month trip... that KickR was so seriously out of whack in the favourable direction, I felt like I was riding through custard when I bought the Saris.

So quiet though, that old KickR was like a plane taking off.