The election thread - Two middle-late aged white men trying to be blokey and convincing..., same old shit, FFS.

Who will you vote for?

• Liberals

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Labor

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Nationals

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Greens

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Independant

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • The Clive Palmer shit show

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • Shooters and Fishers Party

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • One Nation

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Donkey/Invalid vote

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
Typical politician, blaming everything except the fact the voters don't like them. :rolleyes:

Changing tack, things could get interesting in Victoria later this year, as there has been a fairly strong anti-Dan Andrews vibe over the last couple of years. On Fed Night, some of the analysts seemed a bit surprised that there wasn't a glaring anti-Labor movement because they didn't lose, or even look like losing any seats, however across the state ALP's share of the primary vote dropped by about 4% from 2019. In some electorates it was much higher; in the area covered by Andrews' own State seat, the pitchforks were out, losing about 14%. Even if ALP win the Vic election, there's no certainty that Andrews will still be Premier.

bear the bear

Is a real bear
Typical politician, blaming everything except the fact the voters don't like them. :rolleyes:

Changing tack, things could get interesting in Victoria later this year, as there has been a fairly strong anti-Dan Andrews vibe over the last couple of years. On Fed Night, some of the analysts seemed a bit surprised that there wasn't a glaring anti-Labor movement because they didn't lose, or even look like losing any seats, however across the state ALP's share of the primary vote dropped by about 4% from 2019. In some electorates it was much higher; in the area covered by Andrews' own State seat, the pitchforks were out, losing about 14%. Even if ALP win the Vic election, there's no certainty that Andrews will still be Premier.
I can't remember the source, but if you search there was a fair amount of strategic voting to remove liberals in Vic which meant directing preferences to teal/ green candidates with labour 2nd/ 3rd. SO on the first brush, it appears a move from labour rather than a move to remove Joshie/ Timmy and others.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
We're not talking preferences to chuck Libs. Labor took a hit - in some places a bloody big one - in primary votes State-wide.

That suggests that both majors are heavily on the nose in the eyes of Victorians.

bear the bear

Is a real bear
We're not talking preferences to chuck Libs. Labor took a hit - in some places a bloody big one - in primary votes State-wide.

That suggests that both majors are heavily on the nose in the eyes of Victorians.
Sorry, not being Australian and not being able to vote, I still only have some understanding of the system.
I should have said "....there was a fair amount of strategic voting to remove liberals in Vic which meant directing primary votes to teal/ green candidates with labour 2nd/ 3rd on the ballot. So on the first brush, it appears a move from labour rather than a move to remove Joshie/ Timmy and others." (I knew what I was trying to say in my head...)

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Sorry, not being Australian and not being able to vote, I still only have some understanding of the system.
I should have said "....there was a fair amount of strategic voting to remove liberals in Vic which meant directing primary votes to teal/ green candidates with labour 2nd/ 3rd on the ballot. So on the first brush, it appears a move from labour rather than a move to remove Joshie/ Timmy and others." (I knew what I was trying to say in my head...)
Just thank the Lord you don't have to get your head around Tasmania's state election system.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
"Strategiic voting to remove Liberals" causing a drop in the obvious opponent's primary vote across the whole State simply doesn't stack up. Especially given that the areas which really had the pitchforks out for Labor are already held by them, at both State and Federal level.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Be interesting if greens and teals pick up the city seats. A hung state parliament will test their mettle. Though you guys have a legislative council so potentially two different masters.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur

All good points but bear in mind our Liberal Opposition is absolutely f***ing useless, and they've just set themselves up for daily own goals by letting Tim Smith have access to his Twitter account again....

Fundraising is going to be a significant issue for the Liberals this State Election given the results we've just seen too. My money is on a pretty easy ALP victory on preference flows, with the Libs potentially getting propped by Lib Dem / UAP freedumb protest votes.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
New leader and deputy leader of the nationals is an interesting development. They are both (relatively speaking of course….) moderate and constructive. Will be interesting to see how they play with Duttons hardline approach.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
New leader and deputy leader of the nationals is an interesting development. They are both (relatively speaking of course….) moderate and constructive. Will be interesting to see how they play with Duttons hardline approach.
Spare a quiet minute for the departing Barnaby. At least he was an entertaining buffoon.