The election thread - Two middle-late aged white men trying to be blokey and convincing..., same old shit, FFS.

Who will you vote for?

• Liberals

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Labor

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Nationals

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Greens

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Independant

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • The Clive Palmer shit show

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • Shooters and Fishers Party

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • One Nation

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Donkey/Invalid vote

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Technically West of South Australia so maybe we're just cousins
West of all Australia...if I walked straight west from here I would eventually leave Australia and end up in your strange land!

How's the mood over there for the change of government? I'd have thought there would be a bit of concern over (fuck there better some action!!!) what may be imposed on the mining industry to mitigate climate change?

downunderdallas

Likes Bikes and Dirt
West of all Australia...if I walked straight west from here I would eventually leave Australia and end up in your strange land!

How's the mood over there for the change of government? I'd have thought there would be a bit of concern over (fuck there better some action!!!) what may be imposed on the mining industry to mitigate climate change?
People here I think have been more concerned about the Feds poking the purchaser of all that mining goodness in the eye. Miners actually think climate action means more work for them, ironically!

downunderdallas

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Well hopefully there is a lot of new work coming soon.
Thanks to Russia the LNG people are probably happy, lithium people will be flat out. It's really iron ore that makes a difference, nobody has been any good at predicting what happens there. The miners are in the process of replacing diesel with renewables so at least the process of extracting is getting greener, albeit I don't think they are being altruistic, it's just cheaper!

Norco Maniac

Is back!
Currently snuggled up with a sleeping grandson who at only 7 years old, saw me checking Twitter and asked some pointed questions about how government works. We need to raise this generation well, they are literally the only hope we have for the planet.

We have a Labor government after nine long years of wrecking, rorting, rooting, raping, looting and blatant corruption. It's going to be a very hard slog for Anthony Albanese's government and an uphill battle against the corrupt Murdoch media that the LNP fostered and paid for with our taxes. Be prepared for a full mainstream media war against Labor, every minute of every day.

Together, we can do this.

mtb1611

Seymour
Great result. Still can't shake the feeling of disgust attached to parachuting Kenneally into Fowler; having worked in that area and knowing the community and what makes it tick, that was a disgraceful move that led to Labor rightly not winning the seat. And in typical conservative-noggin-firmly-inserted-in-anus fashion, my electorate of Hume re-elected that grubby Taylor fellow.