The last movie you've last watched last

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
ohh thats funny and true

yeah the ending was pretty good, shame about the above though , was hoping that one would make it

try Reacher, next its not too shabby
Yeah... well one did make it, just the one with next to zero screen time. I notice most of the people hating on the ending were those who expected it was going to have a 'happy' ending, which would be pretty out of context.

I've heard Reacher isn't bad - what's good about it?

discofrank

Likes Dirt
Yeah... well one did make it, just the one with next to zero screen time. I notice most of the people hating on the ending were those who expected it was going to have a 'happy' ending, which would be pretty out of context.

I've heard Reacher isn't bad - what's good about it?
cool fight scenes , decent story and acting, the final ep had a few gay moments but not enough to stay away from the show , plus you see boobs? :p

smaj

Likes Dirt
Been on a bit of a music doco binge lately, so watched “Whiplash” and loved it. Also, slowly making my way through “The Expanse,” rewatched S1-3, just starting on S4.

smaj

Likes Dirt
Ohhh, I'm starting on S4 too but haven't watched it for a few weeks. Keen to see how it pans out.
I think I got to the end of S3 and it just felt like a logical end, tried to get into S4 when it came out but wasn’t in the right frame of mind. But started watching again from the beginning and am loving it. Love the feel of the universe and the characters (no matter how infuriating sometimes :) )

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
I think I got to the end of S3 and it just felt like a logical end, tried to get into S4 when it came out but wasn’t in the right frame of mind. But started watching again from the beginning and am loving it. Love the feel of the universe and the characters (no matter how infuriating sometimes :) )
Have had the Clone Wars parked for years and Mrs was keen to watch it now. There is a 10 minute Expanse season recap that I will have to watch.
It is an underrated series. Go the Roci........

Mattyp

Cows go boing

Sooo not usually my genre, but movie night last night and this was picked...I knew nothing about this film going into it but have since read some reviews and they checkout.
Toni Collete is boss in this. Its a bit slow to get going although it sets the story well, and then shit just gets all sorts of fucked up and keeps you guessing as to wtf is actually going on. It's dark and twisted and there is no happy ending. Probably put the kids to bed before you watch this.
I'd watch it again, might need to.

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
View attachment 389672

Sooo not usually my genre, but movie night last night and this was picked...I knew nothing about this film going into it but have since read some reviews and they checkout.
Toni Collete is boss in this. Its a bit slow to get going although it sets the story well, and then shit just gets all sorts of fucked up and keeps you guessing as to wtf is actually going on. It's dark and twisted and there is no happy ending. Probably put the kids to bed before you watch this.
Toni Collette is such an awesome, underrated actress.

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
View attachment 389672

This is one of my favourite horrors. It's original and right fucked up. Only thing that compares if you care to watch it is Suspiria. The remake is quite good.

smaj

Likes Dirt
Yeah the expanse is great...books better (of course0. but the best scifi show for a long while
Yeah, the books are on The List to read. Loving the change in the relationship between Drummer and Ashford, and watching Bobby turn towards the dark side. I'm finding S4 an interesting change of pace.

Watched a doco on Thelonius Monk ("Straight, No Chaser"). All I knew about him before this was he was a big, black guy who played the piano and sweated a lot. After watching this doco, I'm not sure I know much more ... but it was great seeing uncut footage of him playing (such an interesting style), and some candid moments.

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
Everything, Everywhere, All at Once. Go watch this. There's so much going on; comedy, drama action. There was quite a few teary moments for me too.
Watched this tonight. That was one of the most original and bonkers movies I've seen in years. What a ride! So good.

I don't watch movies more than once as a rule, but I will make an exception for this one.

discofrank

Likes Dirt
Everything, Everywhere, All at Once. Go watch this. There's so much going on; comedy, drama action. There was quite a few teary moments for me too.
yup! now go and look up who the main male character is... i got a damn shock and then instantly recognized his voice

mik_git

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah, the books are on The List to read. Loving the change in the relationship between Drummer and Ashford, and watching Bobby turn towards the dark side. I'm finding S4 an interesting change of pace.
yeah... the books while the same...are also very different... so all that ^ ... not so much.

mik_git

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Watche new top gun yesterday... it's...well its not bad...but its also not that good...it's almost like they jsut remastered the original.
Theres lots fo flying which I'm not sure if it real (as in its real, but whether pilots would actaully do that in a mission...but I'm not a pilot so...), but then the rest is just more of the same... The into is exactly the same (which was kinda cool).
I give it an OK.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Watche new top gun yesterday... it's...well its not bad...but its also not that good...it's almost like they jsut remastered the original.
Theres lots fo flying which I'm not sure if it real (as in its real, but whether pilots would actaully do that in a mission...but I'm not a pilot so...), but then the rest is just more of the same... The into is exactly the same (which was kinda cool).
I give it an OK.
Movies are all about nostalgia now, original ideas are a thing of the past and keeping us old farts happy to splash out cinema cash is the name of the game. I'll keep doing it too if the remakes are even halfway good, they've got me absolutely cornered the bastards.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk