Votes: 8 22.9%
  • No

Votes: 18 51.4%
  • Go back to south Australia

Votes: 9 25.7%

• Total voters

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
dont try to overcomplicate your simple statement of "its worth what somone is willing to pay for it"
Explain to me how the retail electricity market works then. What do people think a MWh is worth? Is this what they actually pay?

How about the oil futures market. What's the discount on Brent futures compared to WTI. Is that based on a formula or do people pay what they feel like?

What about calculating the price of derivatives using black-scholes. Is there anyone who doesn't do it?

There's a reason why market and auction design are their own subsets of academic study.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

Flow-Rider

Burner
And yet people are still finding new ways to separate other people from their money.

I put cars in the same category as art. It's worth what someone thinks it's worth but that's it. A Bugatti Atlantic 57SC doesn't hold a candle to a Chiron performance wise, but guess which one has a higher price tag.

Anything that is considered an investment by someone, is on speculation with what that investment will be worth monetarily in the future, how people come to speculative conclusions is another story.

Last edited:

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
Explain to me how the retail electricity market works then. What do people think a MWh is worth? Is this what they actually pay?

How about the oil futures market. What's the discount on Brent futures compared to WTI. Is that based on a formula or do people pay what they feel like?

What about calculating the price of derivatives using black-scholes. Is there anyone who doesn't do it?

There's a reason why market and auction design are their own subsets of academic study.

I think you're still overcomplicating your argument. its unnecessary. There isnt a broker in the world that will take orders for you in these markets without knowing that you understand how they work. And if you do, your decision to trade in these markets is still going to be relative to whether you are prepared to pay the asking price

teK--

Eats Squid
Will talk to the accountants about claiming losses as well if possible. If so I hope crypto continues to drop until tax time, then I will sell, claim, rebuy. That would be cool
Yep can claim losses against gains in current or future years

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
So beyond all my better judgement, I did buy more luna when it bottomed out so I could trade the swings to get my original loss back. Worked out well.

I've made my 200 back, as well as the additional 10 I put in to make back the 200. I am now holding g about 300k units of luna with zero loss. While this is happening..

So anything that happens from here is pure gravy. Given it was a top 10 coin there is always the fantasy that it go up again. Even if it goes to $1 at this point it would be a laugh, given its high of over $100. I guess now I just wait for moon, right?

Flow-Rider

Burner
So beyond all my better judgement, I did buy more luna when it bottomed out so I could trade the swings to get my original loss back. Worked out well.

I've made my 200 back, as well as the additional 10 I put in to make back the 200. I am now holding g about 300k units of luna with zero loss. While this is happening..

View attachment 389431

So anything that happens from here is pure gravy. Given it was a top 10 coin there is always the fantasy that it go up again. Even if it goes to $1 at this point it would be a laugh, given its high of over $100. I guess now I just wait for moon, right?
I had a look yesterday, and they said there was a holt trade on it, might get in and buy some myself. ;)

Scotty T

Walks the walk
I read a great summary of crypto today.

Today, Premier League footballers buy jewel encrusted smartwatches that unlock their supercars. They cost more than the vehicles. Idiots are selling jpegs to each other for enough money to feed the odd starving city. They say it makes sense because they’re using imaginary money generated by computers doing pointless maths puzzles in an energy and resource crisis.