The QUICK question thread.....

safreek

Hi guys, had a mishap with a pothole and somehow the windscreen cracked. Would the usual chip fixer kits work to cover up this crack for a week. Insurance is sorting the windscreen but not til Tuesday.
Main reason I want to bother is I'm going to the police state on Sunday, you know how they like to nail, well, anyone

scblack

Leucocholic
Hi guys, had a mishap with a pothole and somehow the windscreen cracked. Would the usual chip fixer kits work to cover up this crack for a week. Insurance is sorting the windscreen but not til Tuesday.
Main reason I want to bother is I'm going to the police state on Sunday, you know how they like to nail, well, anyone

View attachment 389392
Nah, not a chip fixable crack.

Keep your booking for repair to show officers if you are pulled over, that should cover you so you wont be defected or something.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)

View attachment 389392
That looks a lot like @moorey's Hilux immediately in front of you there...

Surely you two can mange a more romantic rendezvous than a soggy carpark!

scblack

Leucocholic
Tie a crumpled old road bike to the front of the car to go with the bloodstains and the police will never investigate.
You are joking, but I have direct experience that shows police do f*ck all in cycle related incidents.

I was riding along M7 cycleway, and assaulted by two pieces of shit on a motorbike - they passed and kicked into me, knocking me somersaulting along the path.

How much response do you reckon I got from police??

Nothing. Not even a phone call. Pissweak.

Litenbror

Eats Squid
You are joking, but I have direct experience that shows police do f*ck all in cycle related incidents.

I was riding along M7 cycleway, and assaulted by two pieces of shit on a motorbike - they passed and kicked into me, knocking me somersaulting along the path.

How much response do you reckon I got from police??

Nothing. Not even a phone call. Pissweak.
Yep, a kid killer a guy who was riding around the world here in Canberra and the police actively worked to pin it on the dead cyclists.

DougalStrachan

Likes Dirt
I changed some forks around the other day as well as the disk and adaptors, but left the original brake callipers on each bike. One bike had 4 pot Shimanos (MT420) with a 203mm rotor, the other 2 pots (upgraded to MT500's) with a 180mm rotor.

The bike with the 4 pot MT420's but now smaller 180mm rotor looks to sit slightly too far out on the rotor but the other fit's nicely with the 203mm rotor. I figured if I move the disk, adaptor and rotor the calliper should just bolt straight on. Did I miss something?

moorey

call me Mia
I changed some forks around the other day as well as the disk and adaptors, but left the original brake callipers on each bike. One bike had 4 pot Shimanos (MT420) with a 203mm rotor, the other 2 pots (upgraded to MT500's) with a 180mm rotor.

The bike with the 4 pot MT420's but now smaller 180mm rotor looks to sit slightly too far out on the rotor but the other fit's nicely with the 203mm rotor. I figured if I move the disk, adaptor and rotor the calliper should just bolt straight on. Did I miss something?
Is the fork designed to run a bigger rotor sans adapter than your old fork? Without pics, hard to say.

DougalStrachan

Likes Dirt
Is the fork designed to run a bigger rotor sans adapter than your old fork? Without pics, hard to say.
I swapped the forks as well, so it was sort of a package deal of fork, adaptor and disk rotor moving together, with the calliper being the only different. I'll get a pic tonight.