The gaming thread

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Finished the Super Licence in GT7 last night, fun series of tests. Final one has you piloting a Porsche 917K around a very greasy Spa Francorchamps where venturing off the racing line = death. Very gentle throttle required on some of the higher speed corners too.
I reckon I spent three hours trying to tame that then finally got a lap in that was 0.2 inside the time for the bronze. That'll do!

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
I reckon I spent three hours trying to tame that then finally got a lap in that was 0.2 inside the time for the bronze. That'll do!
Yeah I spent a bit of time on it then fluked it and got a lap time that was 2 seconds off silver and was like wtf.
It's golds or nothing...
Rewards aren't really worth it though - most gold prize cars are barely any better than the bronze ones. Better off going for gold in the missions there's heaps of good shit up for grabs there.

On that, the R8 LMS you win in bronze super licence is not my friend currently. Stupid quick and great brakes, but f*** me it's got some spiky handling even on soft tyres.

bear the bear

Is a real bear
Just finished the main story from Far Cry 6. Wholly shit, that has been the best storyline/ believable villain in a long long time

Last edited:

smaj

Likes Dirt
Played a bit of Diablo Immortal on the PC on the weekend, and really enjoyed it. It's like D3-lite, simple controls, just enough progression to keep you playing, and fun to see a bunch of other players in town, grouping up, all that good MMO-lite stuff. Though it's pay-2-win (sort of), so guess I'll post another review once my bank account is drained.

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
Played a bit of Diablo Immortal on the PC on the weekend, and really enjoyed it. It's like D3-lite, simple controls, just enough progression to keep you playing, and fun to see a bunch of other players in town, grouping up, all that good MMO-lite stuff. Though it's pay-2-win (sort of), so guess I'll post another review once my bank account is drained.
this is on pc now? Would have though that after receiving a strong negative response they would have doubled down resources on D4 rather than porting a mobile game to PC.

if you like these types of games, I highly recommend Path of Exile. Much darker, much more in-depth and free. The skill/gem system is unique, meaningful and if you like theory crafting you could go down a rabbit hole with various calculators, apps and the like (though not necessary unless you're into full end game min/max etc.).

There are micro transactions, but nothing that provides power (so not pay to win, its all cosmetic). However there is one micro transaction that IS useful - Bag space/stash space/tabs. Spend about 15-20 bucks there and it will make the game that much more enjoyable.. Content is dropped regularly (4-6 times per year) and Path of Exile 2 is on the cards for next year, also free.

Last edited:

smaj

Likes Dirt
this is on pc now? Would have though that after receiving a strong negative response they would have doubled down resources on D4 rather than porting a mobile game to PC.
Yeah, surprised me too. "Open Beta" on PC. I have to admit, I kinda ignored all the negative responses and downloaded it anyway -- was just feeling like a fix of Diablo-style gaming on the weekend.

f you like these types of games, I highly recommend Path of Exile.
Love Path of Exile! Hmm, might be time to have another go...

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
Yeah, surprised me too. "Open Beta" on PC. I have to admit, I kinda ignored all the negative responses and downloaded it anyway -- was just feeling like a fix of Diablo-style gaming on the weekend.

Love Path of Exile! Hmm, might be time to have another go...
if you dont mind turnbased, wasteland 3 and divinity original sin 2 are both quality IMO.

I gave lost ark a go which was fun, but because its end game is raiding, the whole no AU servers and 200+ ping basically kills an real investment into it after the campaign. Its also free, so might be worth a look. Some interesting classes to play.

blacksp20

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I saw info on reddit that showed that it cost in excess of $100,000 to max a character.