Lego

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Might be time to build the Yoda I’ve had sitting in a box for a few years. No idea where to put it once done but I’m getting a little fomo from this thread.
Try finding a home for a 2.0 m high crawler crane. I am going to lower the luffing fly a bit.

#2's temporarily stored dining table became a convenient work bench. Ready for yellow boom and mast

As I had to reuse pretty much all the pin's etc... Some pics in case I forgot what I did

And ready to spool the winches, just 6 of them...

The grey/black braid I bought is oversize and too stiff. Crap. Looks like I will just use the blue... no one cares.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
Yep, I had it on my list for ages but never pulled the trigger. Then in between February 2020 and April 2020 it went from $550 a set to $900 and I stopped looking. I got the Chiron instead, still haven't built it though. Not completely sold on the Sian. For that kinda money I prefer the big Technic trucks / cranes etc. as they have more functions / wow factor (and aren't as massive).

Yeah it was this one. Exactly the same story for me too :(
Did some shallow digging online, found them ranging from $300-odd to nearly $1400! :oops:

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
I was always a Meccano guy. Lego was for the great unwashed.

Sent from my SM-G960N using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
I prefer cars to trucks/cranes. Each to his own. :)
Actually if you like the cars check out the latest Speed Champions stuff (the new 8 stud wide ones) if you haven't already. The detail and build techniques used are miles ahead of the older 6 stud wide ones and up there with Creator Expert imo.

I've only got one (the Audi Quattro SWB) but a mate has got several and they're crazily intricate to build. Pretty good for $25-30.

scblack

Leucocholic
Actually if you like the cars check out the latest Speed Champions stuff (the new 8 stud wide ones) if you haven't already. The detail and build techniques used are miles ahead of the older 6 stud wide ones and up there with Creator Expert imo.

I've only got one (the Audi Quattro SWB) but a mate has got several and they're crazily intricate to build. Pretty good for $25-30.
I'll look out for them. :)

I have got a heap of SpeedChampions sets - sorry lighting not good on this photo. Mostly Porsches. Admittedly some of these are not genuine Lego.

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
Young fella had started this Countach back in March but lost interest (apparently old Supercars aren’t cool). Was my dream car as a kid - had a poster of a white one on

Figured I’d throw it together last night and now he’s claimed it for his display..

4 year old grabbed the stickers and put them on a wall so it’s a cleanskin, but still looks pretty cool.