Little Things You Hate

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Hyundai were laughed at years ago and now they are pretty decent cars. The N cars are great, who knows if Haval will reach those heights or not. Chinese have done well selling small hatches and SUVs under the MG badge too. I might need a shower now!
Hyundai's have improved so much. Agree about the N series.

I wouldn't hesitate to own one considering I drove and endured the old Excel X2 goat for years and years and it only things that died were 2 x ECUs. Fit a bike in the back with both wheels on - no problem.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
I had a Mitsubishi Outlander 2008, gen2 work car. 3L awd VR-X. Put 150k km on it inside two years (Christ the fleet company was pissed)
Had very low expectations but was pleasantly surprised.

Drove it like it was stolen every single day after fluids were up to temp. Not one mechanical issue in 150k km.

Deadly in fwd mode. Torque steer when auto shifted at 70km hr, must have been 2nd to third, with full throttle was down right scary. Had to leave it in awd auto.

The suspension I’m sure had been designed by the Peugeot 305 and 405 team. Came alive at 60km/h on a pothole filled dirt road, they had made the mistake of so many mid 2000 suv manufacturers, thinking off road performance was desired.

The dealership gave me a loan Hyundai SantaFe every time the Outlander was in for service. Also drove it like it was stolen. Again very willing v6 quad cam that was a hoot.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
The dealership gave me a loan Hyundai SantaFe every time the Outlander was in for service. Also drove it like it was stolen. Again very willing v6 quad cam that was a hoot.
A mate and I borrowed a 2004-ish SanteFe to take camping one weekend (we both had shitty V6 early-nineties commodores at the time). Took a while until the self-learning auto worked out what we wanted from it, but once it came to the party holy shit - what a thing! 4-wheel drifts and Scandi-flicks for days! (all on dirt obviously) I was seriously impressed by the motor given the amount of weight it was pulling around - it just made things seem effortless. When we gave it back to the owner she commented it "seemed to go better now for some reason". Cough cough - "Yes, just needed the carbon cleared out...". ;)

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
A mate and I borrowed a 2004-ish SanteFe to take camping one weekend (we both had shitty V6 early-nineties commodores at the time). Took a while until the self-learning auto worked out what we wanted from it, but once it came to the party holy shit - what a thing! 4-wheel drifts and Scandi-flicks for days! (all on dirt obviously) I was seriously impressed by the motor given the amount of weight it was pulling around - it just made things seem effortless. When we gave it back to the owner she commented it "seemed to go better now for some reason". Cough cough - "Yes, just needed the carbon cleared out...". ;)
Rookies.

1. Buy Forester XT to get 'soccer bus' rates of insurance and uprated 'towing' transmission.

2. Ring around WRX workshops to see who has had a Cosworth engine installed recently.

3. Fit STI EJ257 2.5L engine and Bilsteins for cheap. Make sure the original Forester engine engine shrouds are in place.

4. Win!

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

Flow-Rider

Burner
Hyundai were laughed at years ago and now they are pretty decent cars. The N cars are great, who knows if Haval will reach those heights or not. Chinese have done well selling small hatches and SUVs under the MG badge too. I might need a shower now!
The price has gone up with the quality too though, no different to the first Japanese cars. They used to rust out within a few years and leak oil like a sieve, now amongst some of the best cars built in the world.

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
The price has gone up with the quality too though, no different to the first Japanese cars. They used to rust out within a few years and leak oil like a sieve, now amongst some of the best cars built in the world.
Yup. Looking at the current Kia Carnival and between $60-70k for the spec we like. Ooft. Wait for ex demos or lightly used to pop and see the pricing.