The 36er thread.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
They're coming !

I asked for an update a few days ago and just got a reply back from Trentasei36 (www.36pollici.it) that they would be putting up prices and pre-orders next week for their steel frames, then the carbon frames in June.

Currently limited options on tyres and rims, tyres weighing in at 1400g and carbon rims at 620g though Braus make a lightweight rim at 450g. Carbon fully rigid building up at 12.5kg.

They only make 1 frame size (though not sure what's releasing this month) and one of the company founders is 5'7" and riding one so they will fit a smaller rider.

I don't know if they will come with sliding dropouts, boost or what standards/options will be available on the steel frame. They were also addressing the toe-overlap issue.

When you consider the 1.5 inch difference going between 26" to 27.5", then the same gap to 29". These wheels are 7" bigger than 29" :oops:

Not that I think bigger is better as all wheel sizes have something they feel better at than the next, its just something different.

Last edited:

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
I get that you're frothing these things, but what benefits/improvements are you hoping for over a 29er?

ozzybmx

I get that you're frothing these things, but what benefits/improvements are you hoping for over a 29er?
Absolutely none.

I was an early adaptor of 29" in 2008-9 and rode a fatbike back in 2012 when there was only 1 tyre option. I like different bikes and worst case scenario with these, if its shit on the trail, it can be drop barred and will probably make a decent gravel bike.

ozzybmx

Perfect for the @Cardy George commute
They are never going to be a gravity bike or possibly even have any suspension due to design limitations with the massive wheels but will probably go quite well on smoother singletrack and gravel/touring applications.

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Ideal bike for the ultra races or long distance touring, imo.
If the aim is to get the wheel sup to speed and keep churning out miles, this will surely be the way to go.

The Mawson trail is ready and waiting for you @ozzybmx

andrew9

Likes Dirt
They're coming !

When you consider the 1.5 inch difference going between 26" to 27.5", then the same gap to 29". These wheels are 7" bigger than 29" :oops:
It doesn't matter, but the numbers don't relate to the sizes directly, it's the bike industry standard of having no standard. I wonder what the actual BSD is of all the sizes, that's almost always in millimetres

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
There's a fella here in QLD who's been making and pushing 36ers for a while now. I don't think he's making much progress in conquering the bike world though. Be great in tight switchies...

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
That contact patch diagram is a bit misleading. If the pressure is the same in all sizes then a longer patch is narrower: Pressure equates to area. Longer is not necessarily better.