What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Don't distress.

I'm in Sydney from Tuesday next week for 8 days. Guaranteed to bring the lack of rain here with me!
Victoria is much driers than up here I'd think. We will have to kill that thought that it always rains in Melbourne I think.

Which suburb are you headed to next week - seeing sights or work related thingys?

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Don't distress.

I'm in Sydney from Tuesday next week for 8 days. Guaranteed to bring the lack of rain here with me!
@fjohn860 booking in jobs as an unrainmaker in NSW:
I may have angered the rain gods :eek:

Victoria is much driers than up here I'd think. We will have to kill that thought that it always rains in Melbourne I think.

Which suburb are you headed to next week - seeing sights or work related thingys?
It's always raining somewhere in Melbs :p

Work related thingys. In Kurnell.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
I may have angered the rain gods :eek:

It's always raining somewhere in Melbs

Work related thingys. In Kurnell.
Those rain gods aren't doing the trail gods any favours. They are grouchy lately.

Good luck at Kurnell. In the event of dry weather and you need a bike then hit me up.

Screenshot_20220429-175114_BOM Weather.jpg

tkdbboy

Likes Dirt
On my 1 day off this week I managed to give the Katipo a test at full 27.5. I blame @tkdbboy...

Temporary wheels on, fitted the Zeb and gave the front brakes some love.

Not as low as I thought it'd be (BB dropped about 14mm from the full 29). Still going to throw on the 165mm Pinion CNC cranks to get a fraction more clearance.

Still have a few things to do. Fit the funky decals on the Zeb, for the cranks, bump up the rear tyre size from the backwards 2.3 to a 2.5 and throw a fresh front tyre on.

I did enjoy having the smaller wheels on again.

View attachment 388777View attachment 388778View attachment 388779
Ouff ... it was meant to be

moorey

call me Mia
Did they come with a free monster-truck noise maker for when you fit them?
They are just standard size minions, albeit the wide trial version to keep correct profile with wide rims. They do look bigger than the same size regular minions on Flow Mk3 rims, but I think it’s just an illusion.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Might I remind you that regardless of rider, any ride involving one of @Mr Crudley’s fine MTBs must also be accompanied by a “bike laying in front of (insert arbitrary background scenery here)” picture. Rules is rules.
Oh well, I don't have much else to offer.

You are all a tolerant bunch putting up with progressively older and unfashionable bikes leaning next to stuff and dirt isn't always in sight lately.

I promise not to go for a 36" phat bike at a skatepark or velodrome leaning next to a plastic tree. There be boundaries, I say.........

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Oh well, I don't have much else to offer.

You are all a tolerant bunch putting up with progressively older and unfashionable bikes leaning next to stuff and dirt isn't always in sight lately.
Despite how it may come across, I genuinely enjoy your “bike leaning/laying on things” series. It’s a good reminder to me to just enjoy the small stuff. ie: The bike doesn’t need to be the latest uberbike (though that 5010 of yours is damn fine) - and just having the time/means/health/safety to get out there and go for a spin means that we’re already damn lucky and I should remember to appreciate it. I also enjoy the honesty of the pics/locations. We don’t always get to ride the alpine peaks we’re dreaming of, but that sneaky bit of rogue single track behind the local park can be just as fun if you’ve only got 30 minutes free between other life-drudgery that needs to be completed. Bikes are fun, I like seeing people enjoy the little things too. :)

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Despite how it may come across, I genuinely enjoy your “bike leaning/laying on things” series. It’s a good reminder to me to just enjoy the small stuff. ie: The bike doesn’t need to be the latest uberbike (though that 5010 of yours is damn fine) - and just having the time/means/health/safety to get out there and go for a spin means that we’re already damn lucky and I should remember to appreciate it. I also enjoy the honesty of the pics/locations. We don’t always get to ride the alpine peaks we’re dreaming of, but that sneaky bit of rogue single track behind the local park can be just as fun if you’ve only got 30 minutes free between other life-drudgery that needs to be completed. Bikes are fun, I like seeing people enjoy the little things too. :)
Gee, thank you sir. Agree on all of the above. My inane shots catalogue that I have got out somewhere and there isn't too much wilderness in suburbia but you have to go looking. Dreaming of places you can't be at the time only makes you grumpy. Having a ride even if short does make the day so much better. That is what we are here for.

Crack of Dawn morning rides will always make your day better. You have done something cool nice n' early and whatever else you have to do later on or what goes wrong fades away in importance.

I have spent my $$$ on bike pr0n and have reeled it in since $$$ spent is not always equal to the enjoyment. I do like the rawness of the old GT as it reminds me of my first MTB when things we less complicated but you still rode it anyhow. I didn't think I'd end up using it much but there you go.
I value time to ride more now days that what I'm riding on, but saying that, I still am a fan of bike pr0n but the shed it not getting any bigger :)

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Crack of Dawn morning rides will always make your day better.
Ordinarily this is probably true, but when that is a ride into the glaring sunrise on your way to make coffee for those people out early exercising it is powerless against the powers of evil.

Of course replace make with get and fuck it's a good day. A crudley of a day even...

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Ordinarily this is probably true, but when that is a ride into the glaring sunrise on your way to make coffee for those people out early exercising it is powerless against the powers of evil.
It is the barista curse to get caffeine to the masses nice n' early. I understand your pain sir.

At least you are all set for afternoon rides, which are great in winter and sure outdo crack of dawners in that season.