Confessions from the fuckwits

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
When you consider a carbon seatpost is around 200g, say a Syntace HiFlex is 220g and you can get a 369g dropper (no remote), it will be a big seller for the XC crowd.
Cant even crush the post internals with a ham fisted tightening of the seat clamp, which you'd be surprised how many 'experienced' riders do, then thinking their post needs a service or is stuffed.

Hmmmm this would go well on my gravel bike ;)

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
When you consider a carbon seatpost is around 200g, say a Syntace HiFlex is 220g and you can get a 369g dropper (no remote), it will be a big seller for the XC crowd.
Cant even crush the post internals with a ham fisted tightening of the seat clamp, which you'd be surprised how many 'experienced' riders do, then thinking their post needs a service or is stuffed.

Hmmmm this would go well on my gravel bike ;)
A 122mm Vecnum Nivo is only 397g. ;)

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Not at all. It just popped up, and I thought I was seeing things. What a stupid idea. Surely heavier also?
Could be heavier, though DT Swiss, not Ali.

I know a bloke who had a custom 60mm collar made and fitted to a dropper so it only dropped him 40mm.

Spoke to him today and joked about if he had got the urge for 100mm yet, nope.

And he's the height of 90% of the 'abnormal' members here, could drop a 240mm OneUp without bending his knees :D

moorey

call me Mia
Picked up some 1/2 price Hope/RF Boost wheels off CRC the other day, as per the Bargain Buy thread. I’m not generally an RF rim fan, but worth it for the hubs alone, and will be fine as a daily set on the new build.
Read through the product description, rims rate ok, 30mm is plenty wide. Probably more than I need on local trails, but fine.
Arrived today (well, the rear at least), pull it out of the box.
Wait, there’s some mistake! 40mm wide! That’s not what I ordered!
Prepare to arm myself for a stern email to CRC and arrange a return.
Nope, it says 40mm wide rims in the description.
FML, I’m a fuckwit.

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Picked up some 1/2 price Hope/RF Boost wheels off CRC the other day, as per the Bargain Buy thread. I’m not generally an RF rim fan, but worth it for the hubs alone, and will be fine as a daily set on the new build.
Read through the product description, rims rate ok, 30mm is plenty wide. Probably more than I need on local trails, but fine.
FML, I’m a fuckwit.
Sell 'em for half price, buy an Ohlins fork.

cammas

Seamstress
FML, I’m a fuckwit.
Yeah I grabbed the 29ers and they’re 35mm which is probably the max I will go, you can always sell them on Facebook for a profit.

PJO

in me vL comy
FML, I’m a fuckwit.
40mm is the new 30mm.
You'll be fine, just don't lean into the corners as much on those 2.3" tyres.

Mattyp

Cows go boing
FML, I’m a fuckwit.
Should've gone to Spec-Savers

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
FML, I’m a fuckwit.
Is this a good time to buy that Ohlins shock back so you can buy an Ohlins fork?