What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

bear the bear

Is a real bear
...... Have you seen a current Six Pack light in person? The light not the cans. It’s rather large! :D
I have the six-pack and a diablo head light..
Will try and get out this week for a night ride and post a couple of shots up. From memory, it's 5000lm & 1850lm on full power

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Race day. With the Dirty Weekend cancelled I took a break from training last week, and this weekend has been a shit show of late nights, early mornings and emotional days, so my race performance was predictably crap.

However. @fjohn860 the top out bumper modification was sensational. I bumped up the fork pressure 10psi last race before the mod for mid corner support, this time I took 5psi out from that despite the extra overall volume, and I still had all the support I needed and much better small bump. It actually feels balanced front to rear, and confident over jumps. The Procaliber kept trying to launch the rear wheel over my head.
That's great to hear @Cardy George. I too got a ride in (on Friday) with the mini bumper mod, definitely like it better than previous, but I think I will need to tinker with air pressures a bit more.

Jpez

Down on the left!
Yep as mentioned rode Redhill with two Moorey’s. One just disappears off into the distance with seemingly no effort and the others a Gronk. Although the Gronk is no slouch himself. I’ll let you decide whose who.
Also bumped into @Asininedrivel doing duty as a track marshal at the womens enduro race. Nice to put a face to a name. Perfect day for a ride.

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
Yep as mentioned rode Redhill with two Moorey’s. One just disappears off into the distance with seemingly no effort and the others a Gronk. Although the Gronk is no slouch himself. I’ll let you decide whose who.
Also bumped into @Asininedrivel doing duty as a track marshal at the womens enduro race. Nice to put a face to a name. Perfect day for a ride.
View attachment 388657
Did you ever get your Lyrik working better?

Jpez

Down on the left!
Did you ever get your Lyrik working better?
Yeah a service and bushing hone improved it a lot. But I’m still not 100% happy with it. Still convinced my old abused 2017 Lyrics on another bike feel better. The Ultimates just don’t feel so ultimate to me.

moorey

call me Mia
Yeah a service and bushing hone improved it a lot. But I’m still not 100% happy with it. Still convinced my old abused 2017 Lyrics on another bike feel better. The Ultimates just don’t feel so ultimate to me.
Is it the small bump sensitivity? Felix has used 2 sets, and reckons they’re light years ahead of older RCT3 lyriks. He’s more attuned to his bike than me, I do notice the improvement, but not as much as him. I still run a mix of old and new.
Assume you’ve played with tuning and tokens? We both run our LSC and HSC completely off. Felix because he likes it like that, me because I’m a gronk who always has.

Jpez

Down on the left!
Is it the small bump sensitivity? Felix has used 2 sets, and reckons they’re light years ahead of older RCT3 lyriks. He’s more attuned to his bike than me, I do notice the improvement, but not as much as him. I still run a mix of old and new.
Assume you’ve played with tuning and tokens? We both run our LSC and HSC completely off. Felix because he likes it like that, me because I’m a gronk who always has.
Yep. Played around with every combo. Still just feels slightly harsh. Forks go boing. That’s about all I know. A deep dive @beeb style breakdown of what it’s doing mm by mm throughout its travel I’m unable to give unfortunately. I do know that they felt great when on the GG but on this bike not so much.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Yep. Played around with every combo. Still just feels slightly harsh. Forks go boing. That’s about all I know. A deep dive @beeb style breakdown of what it’s doing mm by mm throughout its travel I’m unable to give unfortunately. I do know that they felt great when on the GG but on this bike not so much.
Have you sent it off to Nsdynamics or Mtb Suspension Centre to check out. Sounds like a bushing or misaligned stanchion issue.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

sane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Quick 20kms with a million walkers to bring up 1000 for the year, finally.
Swapped the chain out as it was at .5, 800ish on the new bike/ chain. Is it a 12spd thing? Shimano thing? My local stuff is quite pedally but I’d still expect more from a chain. I do try to jump on it early these days because I’m sick of paying the money they’re asking for cassettes right now.