TAS Found: 216x63 tunable piggyback shock

Lucaw

Next in line
Item: 216x63 tunable piggyback shock.
Willing to pay: up to $250 shipped
Extra info: after setting up my yari properly (supple af of the top with lots of ramp) my dhx can't keep up.
I am looking for something like a RockShox monarch, that I can tune the ramp up on using bands or spacers.
obviously the shock needs to be fully functional, with all the adjustments working.

moorey

call me Mia
What happened to all those ‘as new’ ones you asked us about that you had lined up to buy….including a monarch rt3+?

Lucaw

Next in line
What happened to all those ‘as new’ ones you asked us about that you had lined up to buy….including a monarch rt3+?
I was undecided between the 2, asked about the vivid, discovered it wouldn't fit the frame, messaged the guy about the monarch and it had just sold.

moorey

call me Mia
I ran it short shocked on my 222 for a while. Rate it as highly as a Topaz, monarch or CCDBA set up right.
Yes…I have all of these in your size.
No…you can’t.

Lucaw

Next in line
Dunno. He’s in the industry. Got his mate at Fox to do it for him. Was a fantastic shock on a SP bike before it, BTW.
my dhx was excellent when compared to my 55, but with the new fork the dhx is lagging behind

mooboyj

Likes Dirt
I'd call the local shops, explain what you have shock and fork wise and ask if they can service and possibly mod the DHX to your needs (it probably won't need it, it'll just be a service and setup).

Honestly new is not always better. Check this page and join it: https://www.facebook.com/groups/6026043831722

On the 29th of March someone asked the same question on Tas MTB about servicing shocks and forks. Cyclingo, Ride Bellerieve and Silks were mentioned.

PJO

in me vL comy
I'd call the local shops, explain what you have shock and fork wise and ask if they can service and possibly mod the DHX to your needs (it probably won't need it, it'll just be a service and setup).

Honestly new is not always better. Check this page and join it: https://www.facebook.com/groups/6026043831722

On the 29th of March someone asked the same question on Tas MTB about servicing shocks and forks. Cyclingo, Ride Bellerieve and Silks were mentioned.
If you're trying to link the Tas MTB group that link above is short a couple of digits:

Lucaw

Next in line

I don’t have Facebook....
Should I just ring around to some stores and ask if they did a full service on it if it could be supple OTT and ramp up a lot?

mooboyj

Likes Dirt
I don’t have Facebook....
Should I just ring around to some stores and ask if they did a full service on it if it could be supple OTT and ramp up a lot?
Yes I would do that. Explain the bike you are on, the fork you have, the problem you are having and what you use the bike for. Call all of them and ask for their advice.

Lucaw

Next in line
Yes I would do that. Explain the bike you are on, the fork you have, the problem you are having and what you use the bike for. Call all of them and ask for their advice.
I only got around to calling cyclingo and they said to let all of the pressure out of the piggy back and main chamber, then try the bottom out knob, which I did but even with the knob all the way in it hasn’t really made a difference. They said if that didn’t give me what I wanted, that it probably wasn’t worth servicing the dhx as it’s a venerable shock with not much adjustment and that I should go and find another shock, like a ccdba or monarch, that’s more easily tuneable at home and is newer