The election thread - Two middle-late aged white men trying to be blokey and convincing..., same old shit, FFS.

Who will you vote for?

• Liberals

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Labor

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Nationals

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Greens

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Independant

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • The Clive Palmer shit show

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • Shooters and Fishers Party

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • One Nation

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Donkey/Invalid vote

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters

Halo1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
We should never have got rid of Turnbull the jobs and growth PM. We would all be driving fly cars by now if he was still PM:p

Things would have been different and I wonder if would they be better or same same.
Stolen is a bit of an overreach.

Believing labor saved us from the GFC is going to be similar to believing the Libs saved us from covid. Both spent bucket loads to head off a recession. It will be interesting to start comparing them as we exit covid.

My eldest is now on the electoral role and does not see any point to voting under the current state of politics which is a very sad state.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
worth reading again with the upcoming federal erection election.

LPG

likes thicc birds
Putting more buses on the road isn't the answer. Building train lines however, might be.
I love trains but I've always thought busses would be better provided they have a dedicated road or lane to travel (and are frequent enough to be of use unlike most busses in Australia). Train stations and railway infrastructure is very difficult to work around other forms of transport. A bus lane/road without traffic can also be used by emergency vehicles and can be safely crossed by other vehicles and pedestrians.

Personally I hate that petrol isn't $8 a litre and public transport and bike infrastructure isn't improved to be more efficient

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
I love trains but I've always thought busses would be better provided they have a dedicated road or lane to travel (and are frequent enough to be of use unlike most busses in Australia). Train stations and railway infrastructure is very difficult to work around other forms of transport. A bus lane/road without traffic can also be used by emergency vehicles and can be safely crossed by other vehicles and pedestrians.

Personally I hate that petrol isn't $8 a litre and public transport and bike infrastructure isn't improved to be more efficient
Quality grave-dig @LPG, wondered for a second why I had missed this post...

...from 2004. o_O

LPG

likes thicc birds
Quality grave-dig @LPG, wondered for a second why I had missed this post...

...from 2004. o_O
Ha! I must have accidentally clicked myself into 2004 for a moment and didn't even realise it until now. Same issues going around today and no solution of course.