WA Riders

Rorschach

Didnt pay $250 for this custom title
I would love to do it, but the prospect of dealing with those crowds and being stuck on descents behind the non-mtbers kinda puts me off.
Yeah there is that.
I’m likely gonna do the 35km too so could be good, could be rubbish
It’d give me a distance to work to though, and some more motivation!

Rorschach

I’m out tomorrow morning too, but will be up early. If I swing past the Camel Farm I’ll come say hi

ausdb

Being who he is
We started the Juniors ride at 0830 and when that finished went round to Farrell Grove about 1100 but it was starting to warm up and we called it quits at 1230. Either way it was nice to get out on the bike and Mr10 enjoyed himself better than the goat farm last week. I need to find a skills course / coachng as he needs help with his confidence descending, as after an upset on a pump track a while back he is dead scared of berms which makes things even worse for him.

Rorschach

Anyone on here into the local Enduro scene?
My Brother in Law has just picked up his fully tricked Nukeproof Giga and I'm keen to have something to work up to given I'll be overseas during the Dwelly 100.
I'm a complete noob though, and wondered what its like to ride a local one?

slowmick

38-39"
Not local @Rorschach but gravity enduro is a great discipline. I am a hack with greatly varying fitness but I've always had a ball at the races. The riders (old boys) are good fun and the danger generally comes from excessive speed which you control. Would go back to racing n a heart beat. Allows you to ride places you wouldn't normally, the organisers/riders will notice if you go missing and they have first aid on site. Jump in - it's a good weekend of bikes.

Rorschach

Not local @Rorschach but gravity enduro is a great discipline. I am a hack with greatly varying fitness but I've always had a ball at the races. The riders (old boys) are good fun and the danger generally comes from excessive speed which you control. Would go back to racing n a heart beat. Allows you to ride places you wouldn't normally, the organisers/riders will notice if you go missing and they have first aid on site. Jump in - it's a good weekend of bikes.
I was having a look at the WAGE site earlier and they run basically one a month until November, so I'm going to have a look at whether I can do one later in the year. Either that or try the Cape to Cape if I can make it work

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
Anyone on here into the local Enduro scene?
My Brother in Law has just picked up his fully tricked Nukeproof Giga and I'm keen to have something to work up to given I'll be overseas during the Dwelly 100.
I'm a complete noob though, and wondered what its like to ride a local one?
Haven’t raced but rode the Goat Farm course one night ahead of a WAGE round. Was great fun and not too ridiculous. I pretty much b-lined everything.

Rorschach

Why’s that? I’m not big on the berms and jumps but the old rocky trails are fun.
Just never gelled with it. I don’t like the berms and jumps and the rocky stuff I didn’t find fun, although I haven’t taken the Prime there so might need to try it again

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
Also found it really badly signed so has NFI where to go
Ironically I’ve never really had an issue there (been riding there since the olden days) until the latest redevelopment. Suddenly found myself starting on one trail and finishing on another.

slowmick

38-39"
Just never gelled with it. I don’t like the berms and jumps and the rocky stuff I didn’t find fun, although I haven’t taken the Prime there so might need to try it again
If you are thinking of doing a round or two try to get a couple of rounds in before the goat farm round. I think you'll be surprised how your riding changes after a couple of months with a race in each of them. It will change the way you look at tracks - attack here, rest here, get off and walk here. You may also find there is someone in practice you can have a friendly competition with for places 25 and 26. Even if not just doing practice laps you'll see how lots of other riders do the trails and you might get some new ideas.

In any case I strongly believe that DFL beats DNS or DNF any day.

downunderdallas

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Margs/Dunsborough or Pemberton (next two rounds) would definitely be the easiest I would think. Well to be honest never ridden Gero or Karratha. Does Gero have any decent hills? Personally I love Pemberton although I never race - bad enough at staying rubber side down on my casual rides!

Rorschach

Margs/Dunsborough or Pemberton (next two rounds) would definitely be the easiest I would think. Well to be honest never ridden Gero or Karratha. Does Gero have any decent hills? Personally I love Pemberton although I never race - bad enough at staying rubber side down on my casual rides!
The Margs/Duns one would be awesome, but I'm away :\