Little Things You Hate

ausdb

Being who he is
Faaannn kangaroo ticks, removed the remains of five so far after my wander around in the bush last weekend. I'll spare you the pics.

DougalStrachan

Likes Dirt
Also similar to a few above. Tuesday family members start testing positive for COVID. By Thursday 4/5 of us have the Rona. Little old me feeling pretty shit so keep testing. All results negative including PCR. Feel like a fraud having Man Flu whist the rest of the Family have corona.

Also sons new bike turned up but haven't been able to ride it with him yet. Ok winge over

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
#1 son squirming while the missus prodded his nostril tract as I walk through the door, I've just done 3 x 15hr days, 2 nights to go then off to Melrose for a few days on my own to cut the grass, just a bike, a carton of beer or two and moi ;) 30°C all week so it good pub weather after a ride.

Next minute, 2 lines appear on #1's RAT and sent to his room.

All 3 of us now in iso for 7 days if we keep him segregated from the rest of the house, 14 if we dont.

Headed down in 2 cars and got all 4 of us PCR tested, literally drove to the front of the queue, in and out in 10 mins max. #2 son and I in line 2, missus with the corona kid in line 1, they were confused why we were in 2 cars, all the same family and at the front of the line all at once o_O

4 x 4 RAT packs to pick up in the morning from the SA gov RAT pickup depot.

Hope we all have it then its done and dusted in a week without dragging it out.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
#1 son squirming while the missus prodded his nostril tract as I walk through the door, I've just done 3 x 15hr days, 2 nights to go then off to Melrose for a few days on my own to cut the grass, just a bike, a carton of beer or two and moi ;) 30°C all week so it good pub weather after a ride.

Next minute, 2 lines appear on #1's RAT and sent to his room.

All 3 of us now in iso for 7 days if we keep him segregated from the rest of the house, 14 if we dont.

Headed down in 2 cars and got all 4 of us PCR tested, literally drove to the front of the queue, in and out in 10 mins max. #2 son and I in line 2, missus with the corona kid in line 1, they were confused why we were in 2 cars, all the same family and at the front of the line all at once o_O

4 x 4 RAT packs to pick up in the morning from the SA gov RAT pickup depot.

Hope we all have it then its done and dusted in a week without dragging it out.
I love your optimism.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

ozzybmx

Word on the street is you drink far quicker than that.
Not lately, I have dropped 5kg since mid Jan by changing nothing (kinda), still eating the same shite and drinking beers in a lesser capacity.

Mid Jan I decided on a dry feb, but it was still 13 days away... so called it '40 days & 40 nights'. Turning 50 this year and needed to shed the corona belt gained through injury, TAFE commitment and corona combined since Jan 2020.

When that finished a few weeks ago I was liking the feeling of being fresh and a little bit fitter.

So now not drinking at home at all, only when I go out socially or head to Melrose.

So rather than consuming 2 cartons a week... 6200 calories which is Coopers pale x 48 at 131 calories.

Plus my extra rides instead of getting on the piss, there is a deficit in my life of probably 10,000 calories a week and I read somewhere that 7700 equates to about a kilo of weight.

Anyhow, now on day 1 of 7 in Iso, going to get the Zwift happening each day. Was due to go to Melrose on Thursday so would have been on the beers then... maybe I can refrain from getting on the cans at home for the whole week of iso too.

If this keeps going, I'll have to drop my Zwift weight :p

ozzybmx

When you are almost at the top of an extension ladder and you 'discover' a wasp's nest. Or should that be wasps' nest?
I gave my boys a chat a few weeks ago about 'if you don't annoy them, they won't annoy you'.

About 45 minutes later after my second unprovoked sting from our resident Paper Wasps that I have been letting thrive for a few years, I nuked all 4 of the small nests I knew that were around the house.

creaky

XMAS Plumper
The guy who owns the place next to ours rents it out now but lived there for most of his life. He said that at the back corner of our (highset) house there was an impressive foot long and 10cm wide nest of 'native stingless bees' there for around 10 years. The previous owners were proud of their native insect nest.

Roll on 10 years and they got the house painted, a few months before we bought it. Turns out the painters discovered it was actually a big fuck off wasp nest, and they stung like motherfuckers.