The gaming thread

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Anyone jumping on Elden Ring tomorrow? I've got too much of a backlog, but glowing reviews so far for this one.
I was planning on it but picked up total war warhammer 3 on friday, and, yeah. No more time for other games now

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Took me a sec to recognise it: first game by Bungie? Was pretty special on the Mac when it came out, I remember.
Yeah that's the one! First big release for Bungie, apparently plenty of references to Marathon in their later Halo and Destiny games (never played either).

bear the bear

Is a real bear
Finished Cyberpunk 2077, it seemed a lot shorter than Witcher 3 in terms of the main storyline and number of major side quests.
Have moved onto Farcry 6 which has been a good transition.

SummitFever

Eats Squid
How do you rate Far Cry 6? Just finished Far Cry 5 and then Far Cry New Dawn. Both where quite entertaining but I hadn't played a game on the PC in over a decade.

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
How do you rate Far Cry 6? Just finished Far Cry 5 and then Far Cry New Dawn. Both where quite entertaining but I hadn't played a game on the PC in over a decade.
wife rates far cry 6. there is a cockfighting minigame where you collect various roosters (ala pokemon) and pit them against each other in full street fighter 2 style action. It upset PETA and other animal rights groups a lot, so its that much better.

bear the bear

Is a real bear
Cyberpunk was on a PS5 and the current build is very stable... finally.
Story is rating highly ATM, only maybe 20% of the way through the map

Cyberpunk was on a PS5 and the current build is very stable... finally.
Story is rating highly ATM, only maybe 20% of the way through the map
I really want to play and like cyberpunk, but I only have xbone so maybe it wont run so good.

And the issues they had with it, I know they just did a 64gb "patch" but I'm still wary.

Still gotta finish Fall Out New Vegas anyhoo

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Utterly addicted to Total War: Warhammer 2 &3. Replayed the WH1 campaign, as the vampires, and let's just say that World War Z has nothing on my zombie dragons.

Currently turning anything that moves into a pincushion with high elves.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Utterly addicted to Total War: Warhammer 2 &3. Replayed the WH1 campaign, as the vampires, and let's just say that World War Z has nothing on my zombie dragons.

Currently turning anything that moves into a pincushion with high elves.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk
Have you gotten the sword of khaine for tyrion yet?
Having that one man doomstack is incredible.

Just finished a kislev campaign in TW3. Skarbrand time now, keen to see how busted you can make the bloodthirster who got so angry he clocked the god of anger.

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
Have been under the weather last few days so got into some Disco Elysium.

Pretty amazing concept and execution. Its kinda weird and amazing to be debating with 24 different parts of your brain, and being challenged on existenialism, racism, politics and class while your character has forgotten everything about themselves after a major speed (and everything else) and alcohol bender. Oh and you have to solve a murder.

Being out of it myself has added to experience.

Last edited:

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
Have been under the weather last few days so got into some Disco Elysium.

Pretty amazing concept and execution. Its kinda weird and amazing to be debating with 24 different parts of your brain, and being challenged on existenialism, racism, politics and class while your character has forgotten everything about themselves after a major speed (and everything else) and alcohol bender. Oh and you have to solve a murder.

Being out of it myself has added to experience.
Such a good game.