All my Aliexpress MTB purchases reviewed.

moorey

call me Mia
First Aliexpress/XTTO XD 9-42 with a tiny but of play in the cogs. Nothing like @ozzybmx 's, and I didn't notice it while riding, just doing a check.
I certainly can't complain at $60, seeing it's done the lions share of the 5000km in the last 8-10 months without a hiccup. and will probably do 1000's more without getting much worse, but swapped it out anyway.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just an update on the ZTTO 4 pawl hub, it's still doing quite well. I've had a few tiny skips where a pawl hasn't quite engaged and the next has caught it, but it's not harsh and hasn't properly skipped on out of saddle efforts at all. Haven't yet pulled the freehub off though either so internal condition is unknown. One other side note... they roll extremely well. There's zero perceptible freehub drag and the bearings are smooth and fast rolling. Curious to see how well that holds up going into Tas autumn/winter.

Here we go :(

My $140 raceworks cassette turned up, they sent me the 11-40 instead of the 11-42. Those extra 2 teeth were worth the extra $ on a bikepacking bike that can be 20kg loaded.

The 11-42 was $137

The 11-40 is only $85.

Haha, many products on Aliexpress Chinese riders will not use

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
ZTTO MTB 10m Bicycle Tubeless Rim Tapes Road Bike rim tape Strips For 26 27.5 29 Inch 700c Mountain Bike Wheel

The verdict:
It works, sealant stays in (so far). Thickness is somewhere between Stan's and Bear tape. Not as robust as Stan's but pretty good all said. There is probably better value tape out there, but I was ordering something else from the seller so I grabbed a couple of rolls of this stuff too. It seems to adhere pretty well to the rim. Good enough for a hack like me who isn't too pedantic about some little air bubbles or how straight the tape goes on. That says more about my taping technique than the product though.

Last edited:

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
ZTTO MTB 10m Bicycle Tubeless Rim Tapes Road Bike rim tape Strips For 26 27.5 29 Inch 700c Mountain Bike Wheel

The verdict:
It works, sealant stays in (so far). Thickness is somewhere between Stan's and Bear tape. Not as robust as Stan's but pretty good all said. There is probably better value tape out there, but I was ordering something else from the seller so I grabbed a couple of rolls of this stuff too. It seems to adhere pretty well to the rim. Good enough for a hack like me who isn't too pedantic about some little air bubbles or how straight the tape goes on. That says more about my taping technique than the product though.
That reminds me. Been running this tape for a while. Stretches nicely and sits into the rim well. Good price, it works and has not lifted. Thumbs up.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Here we go :(

My $140 raceworks cassette turned up, they sent me the 11-40 instead of the 11-42. Those extra 2 teeth were worth the extra $ on a bikepacking bike that can be 20kg loaded.

The 11-42 was $137

The 11-40 is only $85.

You missed the smarter shopping bit. Or they did.

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
I picked up some of the shoes to try recently. Sandugo "Dazzle". :D

Only had them on around the house so far, but they're true to size, comfortable, not overly heavy and seem fairly well put together.

Looks like next week will be a test on the bike and see how the grip levels stack up to the couple of recent pairs I've had (Afton something, which are really rigid and Shimano GR9 with the Michelin soles).

View attachment 384789View attachment 384790View attachment 384791View attachment 384792View attachment 384793View attachment 384794
Been riding in these for a while now, mostly on the pedals that have less nasty pins.

Still very comfortable and no foot issues. The grip is really good and the soles show no signs of wear at all!

The uppers also don't show any signs of distress.

They do feel a little wider with the ankle protection, I think someone mentioned old school skate shoes in some other thread and on the uppers they do feel a little that way, but not an issue at all.

They have the lace retention elastic grabber thing on the tongue and it works well.

All in all I'd buy these again without hesitation!

bigdamo

Likes Dirt
Been riding in these for a while now, mostly on the pedals that have less nasty pins.

Still very comfortable and no foot issues. The grip is really good and the soles show no signs of wear at all!

The uppers also don't show any signs of distress.

They do feel a little wider with the ankle protection, I think someone mentioned old school skate shoes in some other thread and on the uppers they do feel a little that way, but not an issue at all.

They have the lace retention elastic grabber thing on the tongue and it works well.

All in all I'd buy these again without hesitation!
Shipping cost close to what the shoes cost.

Coopz

Likes Dirt
Hmm..After 20+ purchases from Ali I've had my first hurdle. Set of alloy handlebars I apparently signed for on Thursday have been delivered. I didn't receive anything though... Seller replied in Chingrish that he'll look into it as I'm a dear friend. Not liking the possible outcome from this...

Flow-Rider

Burner
Hmm..After 20+ purchases from Ali I've had my first hurdle. Set of alloy handlebars I apparently signed for on Thursday have been delivered. I didn't receive anything though... Seller replied in Chingrish that he'll look into it as I'm a dear friend. Not liking the possible outcome from this...
Maybe delivered to the wrong address?