Motorcycle Thread - Post it all

rextheute

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Congrats !
it will smell for a couple of rides , let it get warm and cool down , repeat .
Best part is you can admire it while cooling down

indica

Serial flasher
404kms in so far, go for another ride and get a service.

Wifey needs a bike at some point.
We have a CB125e which is basically a Postie bike, great to learn on but no power.

Any suggestions for something safe for the highway with a low seat height? The Honda has a seat height of 767mm, the Enfield is 804mm.
The Enfield is too tall for her.

Minlak

custom titis
404kms in so far, go for another ride and get a service.

Wifey needs a bike at some point.
We have a CB125e which is basically a Postie bike, great to learn on but no power.

Any suggestions for something safe for the highway with a low seat height? The Honda has a seat height of 767mm, the Enfield is 804mm.
The Enfield is too tall for her.
CFMoto 300NK not the SP version weight nothing can confirm they will do 110km/h with my fat arse on - We had a CBR500r that we lowered the seat by 30mm and the missus much prefers the CFMoto - Sit her on the 650NK while there similar seat height but a bit wider it will certainly do highway. Older ones pre 2017 some issues - newer ones no apparent issues.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
wow. No suggestions, just derision.
Top stuff staff member.
Thanks for you assistance.
Fuck yeah, it is my role as a staff member that decides that a half arsed harley copy is a waste of time. Good work. Keep the forum informed.

Let me put this in context.

Your first post about the CMX500 was I like this
Mine was I don't
You then asked why don't you like this?
I said I don't
Why do I like it and you not?
Because we have different opinions, mine are more refined (this is a joke thingy)
You then attack me and somehow twist this into a rant about me being a mod and just spreading derision.

Actually me being a mod makes no difference when I think that bike is as ugly as a hat full of arseholes. Your opinion and that of others obviously varies. I don't care. I also don't care if anyone else agrees with me.

I have only ever owned dirt bikes; a few from basic trail bikes to trials bikes and enduro bikes. I have ridden plenty of others, some I liked and some that scared me shitless. My nephew's YZ426 that was set up for his role as a sponsored motorcrosser was ridiculous, there was no riding it under 80% it was uncomfortable and unpredictable. He then bought a WR450F. I liked that lots. And there is one living here now.

I have ridden plenty of road bikes. From 100cc why bothers through to RSR1000 and R1's in various states of crazy. Along the way I have ridden maybe half a dozen harleys and buells. None of which did anything for me as a riding machine. The harleys included one complete piece of doodoo that had ape hangers or whatever they are called now. Gutless, uncomfortable and didn't handle. So there you go. If someone wants to copy that style even if they fit it with a decent engine and transmission and maybe even suspension I still wont like it. That is my prerogative. I think a bike should be something more than a piece of furniture.

Have a pleasant evening.

Last edited:

indica

Serial flasher
Your first post about the CMX500 was I like this
I said it seems to tick a lot of boxes. Low seat height, decent price, enough power. Where did I say I like it?

I had asked about something with a low seat height that was okay for the highway,

You then attack me and somehow twist this into a rant about me being a mod
I did not attack you. I also did not rant. I CAN rant.

I failed to see the point of your replies.

My wife has short legs, needs a short bike. The CB125e is a postie bike, easy to ride on.
I'd like her to overtake a truck. She can't on that. Hence my post.

I have ridden plenty of road bikes.
I don't care - you have not contributed anything useful to the conversation.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
I said it seems to tick a lot of boxes. Low seat height, decent price, enough power. Where did I say I like it?

I had asked about something with a low seat height that was okay for the highway,

My wife has short legs, needs a short bike. The CB125e is a postie bike, easy to ride on.

Don’t get angry - get even…

Just post the “Why not both?” meme in every thread and you will have your revenge!

(You can thank me later Dales)

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member

I didn't care first. Get over it.

indica

Serial flasher
I didn't care first. Get over it.
Wow, thanks heaps for your contribution.
I'm pleased for you that you have ridden some bikes. Even better you backed up my 13 word
with a 332 word rant.
I hope you are okay.

There is help if you need it.

My BiL lives in NZ, big postie bike scene there.

They have meets where they get 30 or so riders and go fanging thru the local gorges. They mod them to try and get an edge on each other.

Sounds like a blast

cammas

Seamstress
My BiL lives in NZ, big postie bike scene there.

They have meets where they get 30 or so riders and go fanging thru the local gorges. They mod them to try and get an edge on each other.

Sounds like a blast
I’m remember when I was living in Bendigo many moons ago there was bit of thing going with scooters, I think they were apprentices who would mod them, then cover them in Oakley stickers and so forth. You would hear them from a mile away and they fly past with moto helmets and of course Oakley goggles, perfect bike for getting around a place like Bendigo.