Warburton trail updates

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
Some of these are so absurd that it may weigh in favour of mtb. You get the feeling it's a small number of malcontents spamming the process, like rival hoteliers on Tripadvisor. Which should be pretty obvious to the people reading the submissions.

Mattyp

Cows go boing
I can't stop laughing at this BS, if something like this did really happen, it would have made front page news.

"One of my friends has been seriously injured and hospitalised by a physical attack from a mountain biker. He identified her and called her a “bitch” before running her down, including riding across her head. There is no doubt it was deliberate. She on the other hand, was just out for a walk and didn’t recognise who he was."
Sounds like Old Angry @Jpez.
I once watched him chase down a couple dirt bike riders and give them a proper earful for riding near a MTB track... Then ran over their heads for good measure...

Last edited:

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
According to this we all prefer Pies and Pizza therefore we will not use the cafes :rolleyes:

“Our current tourists are families with children and elderly members. They are also extremely multi-cultural. Although many pack picnics, they are more likely to use our local cafes than road or mountain bikers who prefer pies or pizza but leave more upmarket cafes alone. Our current mix means that a far broader range are benefitting from the reacreational benefits of our area.”
scones with jam and cream, with a pot of tea is far more fiddly than shoving a pizza down ones face hole, for goodness sake! :p

Also, why are these NIMBYs discriminating against the moderately or casually "multi-cultural" people. how does one identify extremely multi-cultural people? I thought Australia didn't like extremists!

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
I can't stop laughing at this BS, if something like this did really happen, it would have made front page news.

"One of my friends has been seriously injured and hospitalised by a physical attack from a mountain biker. He identified her and called her a “bitch” before running her down, including riding across her head. There is no doubt it was deliberate. She on the other hand, was just out for a walk and didn’t recognise who he was."
yup, cool story NIMBY bro. Who? Got some documentation about this psycho MTB attack? a police report even? Pics and evidence or it didn't happen.

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub

Yes, this really does sound made up.

I have heard this argument so many times on shared pathways, where someone claims that they were "almost run over by a cyclist!". Meaning a cyclist simply just rode past them. No one is going to intentionally run into someone, the person on the bike would quite likely come off worse as they are traveling at the higher speed, also, just because you can't see someone coming from behind you doesn't me they can't see you! :rolleyes:

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
Lovely town, but the locals weren't welcoming whatsover. Great news is the most of them will be departing in a few years. Pub does do the best Parma in Vic though, go there just for that. Their cafes good is mostly pfd shit or microwaved poached eggs minus 2 of them, brights cafes put on a better menu..

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Lovely town, but the locals weren't welcoming whatsover. Great news is the most of them will be departing in a few years.
Tried reading more submissions and rage quit. I've seen less anecdotal "evidence" and pseudoscience in a Qanon post. TL/DR: various specious arguments for YORE NOT LOCAL

Also according to realestate.com, you are absolutely correct.

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
All I see is a lot of potential track names.
'Across her head'
'Prefer pies or pizza'
We have a trail in the Wild Mersey network called Pony Up and is a bit of a poke at a "vocal local" who is a horsey person who complains about the MTB trails being built through land she uses to train her Arabian horses, for which she has no landholder permission to do so, but complains anyway.
She once complained that on some days she could hear people talking!!! :eek: Oh the humanity!

Last edited:

madstace

Likes Dirt
Ran over her friends head? Must of been a Trust fork. Anything else would of resulted in OTB.
While I love his suspension designs, he'd be ordered to give evidence in the court case and brag himself into culpability by claiming the way the rider cleared the victim's head was the "Trust Effect".