The QUICK question thread.....

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Survivor bias? In my circle, people who ride a lot harder, opt for dissector….
Do you see people exploding crossmarks?
Just a theory.
Nah, just heard/read "lots of people" having failures with Dissectors. And you know me - I know about 5 people IRL, so it's a pretty big sample group to work from...

Aggressors are crazy tough tyres (for their casing) though, but certainly not made for all-out grip.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Anecdotally, Dissectors seem to explode/tear/puncture/have knobs fall off anytime someone looks at them?
Had 3 and all have failed prematurely, including the infamous first one with 4 bacon strips hanging out of it.

There's a picture of it here somewhere.

Mattyp

Cows go boing
If you only listen to the complaints you only get bad feedback. I've run 5 or 6 dissectors all in exo casing on the rear now, and I'm a fan. Even put one on the front for a lake mountain ride, and despite initial doubts, after 3 turns I forgot I even had a different tyre on. The most recent one I bought is super wonky but whatever, can only really feel it at speed on the road.
Not the best tyre in the mud, but it forces you to stay off the brakes as it rather quickly turns into an ice skate.

beeb

For equivalent casing (EXO/+DD) would they be any different?
What makes an EXO seems to vary massively across the Maxxis range. Compare a Rekon Race EXO with a DHR II EXO and an Agressor EXO. They’re all different. Rekon Race a really thin and light, DHR II not much different, and Aggressor is a lot thicker & stiffer (looking/feeling the sidewalls on all, ignoring the treaded area). Might all be the same TPI material (but possibly not with how Maxxis are chopping and changing their constructions currently without notice), but vastly different amounts of rubber and sidewall stiffness.

Pedant = me.

beeb

Race is a paper light EXO version.
I’ve only experienced one in an ardent.
I didn’t think it was possible to make an ardent worse.
I was wrong.
Agreed, but then it should have a different name (like when they used to call them Snakeskin or whatever). DHR II sidewalls are pretty thin too if you’re a chunky boy too, err, allegedly…

moorey

call me Mia
Agreed, but then it should have a different name (like when they used to call them Snakeskin or whatever). DHR II sidewalls are pretty thin too if you’re a chunky boy too, err, allegedly…
Well…you have EXO, EXO+, DD and DH casing in most of their trail and gravity oriented tyres.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
I didn’t think it was possible to make an ardent worse.
It is.

2016 they brought out a skinwall non EXO, non TR, non anything and the sidewalls were made of ballbag skin.

I kicked off the Dirty Weekend 24rh team race and first lap had a small sidewall leak, second lap a sidewall cut and done. At 11pm that night the rear exploded.
I thought they looked good for the few hours I got out of them, in hindsight, they looked shit.

Ohhhh... whos that good lookin poster boi from the 2015 race ;)

Last edited: